News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

We're calling it now: 2021 will introduce new laptops with way better webcams than ever before

Started by Redaktion, September 14, 2020, 13:15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

COVID-19 and work-from-home orders have been a boon to virtual gatherings and Zoom meetings for office workers, students, doctors, and so much more. We strongly believe that this will accelerate the development of laptop webcams that aren't limited to 720p, muddy colors, or slow frame rates in the very near future.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/We-re-calling-it-now-2021-will-introduce-new-laptops-with-way-better-webcams-than-ever-before.493960.0.html

_MT_

Just buy a camera. If you want quality, you're going to need additional equipment anyway (lights, microphone or a screen behind you, that sort of thing). 720p is not the problem. I'm happy to use it as long as the compression algorithm doesn't butcher it. Crappy sensors are the problem. It's not just the video. Awful acoustics are also tiring to listen to, not to mention distorted voice. If I'm in a video conference, I want near studio quality. I want natural colours, clear voice and I don't want to hear the room (reflections and such). Broom closets need not apply.

Andrey Konstantinov

Quote from: _MT_ on September 14, 2020, 17:44:14Just buy a camera. If you want quality, you're going to need additional equipment anyway (lights, microphone or a screen behind you, that sort of thing). 720p is not the problem.

Nonsense. Most people have no problem with seeing their interlocutors' rooms, good webcams (found on tablets, smartphones) produce much better images and could easily be installed in a laptop, and modern laptop microphones can work just fine. You don't need a studio grade setup to communicate with some basic quality, and this should absolutely be built into every modern laptop. You should be able to get better quality by using an external microphone, a dedicated webcam and so on, but the basics must be good enough for the majority. Right now, they aren't.

Also, 720p sensors are absolutely not sufficient. You should be able to take high-resolution pictures with your laptop, use it as a mirror, etc. You can't do that with decade-old sensors.

Smol PiPi

Absolutely agree!

We need better laptop cameras - even Macbooks and Lenovo ThinkPads have terrible cameras just like everyone else with useless 4:3 aspect ration from 1789 and blown out colours.

We need an iPhone approach (all in one: phone+music player+camera+mic etc.) with high end laptops instead of cluttering your cramped desk with items and cables even further.

ytpleb

Anonyneko

Indra Maulana

Quote from: Anonyneko on September 14, 2020, 21:57:02
At this point might as well actually clip your phone to your laptop as a webcam...

I don't have a webcam for my desktop, and that's what I always did...

NoteBookFan876

hahahaha ~ this is a good call out! If this really goes through, it took a pandemic to get you a better webcam for your laptop.

I've noticed a camera I bought years ago for around 30$ is now selling for over 20$ extra on amazon ;D

Not enough space - That excuse never made any sense to me because the front facing cams on phones for years have been getting larger in mp while the phones they are in maintains a thin profile.

Lol to all those people who bought those laptops with webcams at nose view

f-r-m

What i want to see to these laptops , that they somehow get stronger on wi-fi connections transfers ,often happens that phones drag all the wi-fi power transfer to them.

What else i want to see over laptops is more usb-s  , at least 4 needed since they also remove the dvd they should have space for that.

Would also be cool to see more laptops without plastic - because cooling is esential , and plastics really disappoint over conducting temperature to balance - with the area you hold hands over keyboard on surface some plastic attached to keep ankles of your hand comfortble over.

If we are still here i would like to see some A.I functions system in future , which you can voice command to open something .

I am not sure of the quality of pannels but nowadays every panel came same format ips , anti-glare , some extra refresh rates . I haven't seen any model coming anymore with glossy screens , guess everyone use laptops outside and hate sun beating over display ? .

From what i understood glossy screens have more vibrant colours and visualy effect.

And if there are cpu-s from amd , those should have a quit better frequency for gaming , not always multi core is the answer for laptops.

What else i would like to see from 2021 laptops is that there to be accesories you can buy , for exemple let's say you want to buy a laptop with 60hz screen then update later to 144hz , that laptops should have compatible displays to find . Maybe you broke your screen and want to replace your 60 hz screen and plan while doing this to go for 144hz (is an exemple of why tehnology should be much more widely equal/ maybe you want one display which has better quality in lights/colours etc..)

Lately i am expecting this laptop market to pop off from only some companies being able to create laptops as they wish , i want better customizable laptops ( likely to be able to build your own laptop with what components you wish). Is just sad that world wide people still accept to be limited by companies which could actually pass towards this. (ofc it would require some skill to do it , but better see this happen).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview