News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP and Lenovo have yet to offer a 17-inch workstation as compact as the Dell Precision 5750

Started by Redaktion, September 10, 2020, 04:59:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Precision 5750 is a unique 17-inch laptop that juggles between being an Ultrabook and a full-fledged mobile workstation. It doesn't particularly excel at one or the other, but it still appeals to a small segment of professionals who could benefit from its hybrid approach.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-and-Lenovo-have-yet-to-offer-a-17-inch-workstation-as-compact-as-the-Dell-Precision-5750.492706.0.html

kony

kamarul

Thanks for highlighting this Allen.

LG Gram 17 started it, and has all the ports one would expect of a 17"-er.

Really hope Lenovo & Asus would join the 16:10 club, with Ryzen flavoured variants  :D

Tochi Chiang

I have an XPS 17 which is almost identical to Precision and I don't like it. With screen at this size, it should have more keys with numpad. Instead, it has a huge mouse pad and larger areas for speakers which are not impressed at all. I can live without numpad. But I can't live with its keyboard whose F11 and F12 keys are shared by Home and End keys. All these keys are frequently used by me. Ctrl-Shift-Home for example, is used to select text from current position to the beginning. Now I have to hold one more Fn key to do that. With Fn lock reversed, Fn-F00 is required to press F00. Now I have to carry a full sized keyboard with me. I wouldn't recommend it simply because of its keyboard.

kamarul

Yes, as someone who uses the numpad all the time, I think the keyboard on the Dells are a huge minus. So much wasted space. The quad speakers could have been placed on the sides/bottom and above the keyboard.

Quote from: Tochi Chiang on September 10, 2020, 16:34:08
I have an XPS 17 which is almost identical to Precision and I don't like it. With screen at this size, it should have more keys with numpad. Instead, it has a huge mouse pad and larger areas for speakers which are not impressed at all. I can live without numpad. But I can't live with its keyboard whose F11 and F12 keys are shared by Home and End keys. All these keys are frequently used by me. Ctrl-Shift-Home for example, is used to select text from current position to the beginning. Now I have to hold one more Fn key to do that. With Fn lock reversed, Fn-F00 is required to press F00. Now I have to carry a full sized keyboard with me. I wouldn't recommend it simply because of its keyboard.

panzersharkcat

Quote from: kony on September 10, 2020, 09:08:10
I guess Lenovo and HP aren't stupid enough to make their workstations fry themselves.
Or have the battery drain while the charger is plugged in. Yeah, I know it's fixed now but it's ridiculous that was even a problem to begin with.

A

Can you even call this a workstation? Sure they stuck a Xeon and Quadro into it, but it gives up too much to be useful as a workstation.

doa379

Don't bother. Consumers should opt for desktops hooked to larger screens in such scenarios. Focus on improving the small device segment which in of itself still needs a fair bit of improvment.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview