News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft issues a full spec breakdown for the Xbox Series S (and X)

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2020, 17:23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft has just introduced the concept of the Xbox Series S. Now, it has gone into greater detail on its upcoming, all-new digital-only console. The product also gets an AMD Zen 2-based CPU and an RDNA GPU, albeit not exactly the same as the one that will come in the Series X. The latter is rated for 4 TFLOPS' worth of performance, whereas the X is not.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-issues-a-full-spec-breakdown-for-the-Xbox-Series-S-and-X.492648.0.html

ashjkd

QuoteThis discrepancy may be related to the Series S' max resolution of 1440p, as opposed to 4K in its full-fat new sibling. Microsoft asserts that this suits gamers who value frame-rate over this spec, as the S can support a maximum of 120fps (then again, so can the X).
They literally advertised it as 1440p 120fps. Not gamer can pick one.

Spunjji

I was surprised at first by how much more balanced towards the CPU this configuration is - I was expecting it to have 6 cores or something similar. Then I realised that of course, that part of the hardware needs to be similar to ensure that the next-gen game engines / various system-wide features all run as well as they do on the Series X.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview