News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI updates its Alpha gaming laptops with AMD Ryzen 4000-H APUs and RX 5600M dGPUs, adds 17-inch model

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2020, 14:40:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI's all-AMD Alpha gaming laptop lineup is getting updated with Renoir-H and Radeon RX 5600M dGPUs. It also features larger 65 Wh batteries, bigger speakers and an improved cooling system. The IPS FHD displays come with 144 Hz refresh rates and AMD FreeSync Premium support. Users may add up to 64 GB of DDR4-RAM and up to 4 TB of NVMe SSD storage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-updates-its-Alpha-gaming-laptops-with-AMD-Ryzen-4000-H-APUs-and-RX-5600M-dGPUs-adds-17-inch-model.492559.0.html

Syniurge

Looks extremely promising. The RX5600M version would be the first full-AMD laptop in 2 years that would constitute an upgrade from my GL702ZC (Ryzen 7 1700 + RX580, 60Hz IPS), if they don't screw up the heat dissipation like Dell did. It also has more connectivity than the Bravo line.

Aaaaa

If the vents are not blocked (they should NOT be blocked, because the original Alpha 15 is basically a GL65, with lots of vents), then it should be a decent option over the massively overpriced s*** that is intel 10th gen for MSI in Australia. Provided the 144hz option is NOT that fucking hitler screen 45%NTSC.

Larry Benoit

Spunjji

Quote from: Syniurge on September 09, 2020, 23:33:12
Looks extremely promising. The RX5600M version would be the first full-AMD laptop in 2 years that would constitute an upgrade from my GL702ZC (Ryzen 7 1700 + RX580, 60Hz IPS), if they don't screw up the heat dissipation like Dell did. It also has more connectivity than the Bravo line.

There was the Acer Predator with a Ryzen 7 2700 and Vega 56 + 144Hz display, but it appears to have been rarer than hens teeth. Shame as I really did want to give it a try! This would beat that too, though, and probably at a lower cost.

If this doesn't have a terrible screen then it might end up on my short list.

deksman2

Quote from: Spunjji on September 11, 2020, 18:17:29
Quote from: Syniurge on September 09, 2020, 23:33:12

There was the Acer Predator with a Ryzen 7 2700 and Vega 56 + 144Hz display, but it appears to have been rarer than hens teeth. Shame as I really did want to give it a try! This would beat that too, though, and probably at a lower cost.

If this doesn't have a terrible screen then it might end up on my short list.

I have the Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61 (Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56).
Its an amazing build which is ridiculously cool and quiet when fully stressed on both CPU and GPU (I do content creation, productivity and gaming, so I tend to stress the CPU and GPU simultaneously to the max).

Aside from a few other outliers, no other laptop comes close to this beast in terms of thermal performance and pretty good efficiency.

The only thing I don't like is the fact Acer never released a BIOS update to include support for Zen 2 and Zen 3... the machine has a removable CPU after all, so it can easily suppoty a 65W TDP cpu... or even a 105W.

yousef

can i know please
how how much msi bravo 15 with 144hz screen srgb covered?
and msi alpha with 144hz  how much srgb they cover?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview