News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

EVGA’s NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 KINGPIN could turn out to be one of the fastest graphics card ever built; it might also need a nuclear reactor to handle an unlocked power limit

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2020, 10:40:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

EVGA recently took the wraps off its upcoming GeForce RTX 3090 KINGPIN AIB graphics card. EVGA's liquid cooled KINGPIN lineup has consistently featured some of the fastest and most expensive cards on the market. The GeForce RTX 3090 KINGPIN looks like it could turn out to be one of the fastest graphics card ever made.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/EVGA-s-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-KINGPIN-could-turn-out-to-be-one-of-the-fastest-graphics-card-ever-built-it-might-also-need-a-nuclear-reactor-to-handle-an-unlocked-power-limit.492472.0.html

john08092020

So the latest graphics card model will be faster than anything build in the last 50 or so years? Who could have though that. Are we absolutely sure it beets the 8800GT?

Samunosuke

Quote from: john08092020 on September 08, 2020, 11:11:06
So the latest graphics card model will be faster than anything build in the last 50 or so years? Who could have though that. Are we absolutely sure it beets the 8800GT?

J/K. Might need to add the /sarcasm tag for the less discerning among us.

Joe

I love how it says it could end up being one of the fastest cards ever, when it's a 3090. Like what do you expect to be faster. It's such a redundant statement.

Tres

Quote from: Joe on September 08, 2020, 19:26:55
I love how it says it could end up being one of the fastest cards ever, when it's a 3090. Like what do you expect to be faster. It's such a redundant statement. My 2 kingpin cards put me at 16th in the world in Port Royal without even changing the cooler.

It's about getting that little bit of extra frequency without being power limited. With binned GPUs and no power limits the 2080 Ti kingpins can generally pull 2205 MHz without exotic cooling while all of the others are barely scraping 2130. Does it make a noticable difference in gaming? Absolutely not. Does it get you to the top of the 3dmark HoF? Yup. All without having to buy a stack of GPUs, binning them yourself, and power modding them to get past the power limits.

Karen

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview