News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games could be provided by a revamped PS Now service with upscaling capabilities

Started by Redaktion, September 07, 2020, 11:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Another rumor has emerged connecting a revamped PS Now service with the PlayStation 5, and specifically the question of full backwards compatibility with the PS1, PS2, and PS3 along with the expected PS4. On top of that, the same spurious source claims that some older games will benefit from upscaling when accessed via the PS5.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-backwards-compatibility-for-PS1-PS2-and-PS3-games-could-be-provided-by-a-revamped-PS-Now-service-with-upscaling-capabilities.492332.0.html

Arthran

That's just streaming then, not backwards compatibility. This is nothing significant nor news-worthy.

John Smith

It's really quite simple. If it's not backwards compatible with all PS4 titles along with updates to make the games run better i.e. better textures, 60 FPS minimum, higher resolution, then I won't buy it. If it is, then I'll buy it. PS3 backwards compatibility will be like icing on the cake.

Boosh

Its literally not backwards compatibility its just crap streaming, Sony is one of the laziest companies.

How are they unable to make a proper backwards compatible system like Microsoft has with the Xbox One?

Mike Marsh

So, no backwards compatibility for PS1, 2, and 3 still? They will force you pay to subscribe to a service to play old games that you may already own. Sony really are behind the times, aren't they?

WhiskeyMike80

Just freaking do it! Totally crappy when a PC can do it, but we have to sit and wait on a what if. I want my Battlefield, Bad Company and all! If they legit don't do it and Xbox does I'm totally jumping ship. I have plenty great 360 games I would love to revisit. BF3, all the GTA and Call of Duty action, but cleaned up and smooth. Just do it Playstation!! Quit playing with our loyalty!

J

I will not pay for a monthly service to play my old games. I have my old backwards compatible PS3 for that. This does make me rethink if I actually want the PS5. Maybe not  :-\

Cassandra

If a bunch of hobbyist programmers can make a fully fledged ps3 emulator that runs even on my crappy old pc, then Sony has no excuses.

This new rumor would just be paying to stream games we own already. Plus geolocking, no doubt. So games released in US only such as on the ps2 are still going to be locked out. Tales of the Abyss, for example, which has NO modern ports.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview