News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

UGREEN USB C 2.5" hard drive enclosure - An affordable solution for keeping alive the HDD/SSD of dead laptops

Started by Redaktion, September 06, 2020, 18:05:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to the UGREEN USB C 2.5" hard drive enclosure, turning old HDDs and SSDs into external storage solutions is very easy to do, not to mention affordable. At less than US$25, this accessory supports drives up to 6 TB in size and transfer rates of up to 6 Gbps.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UGREEN-USB-C-2-5-hard-drive-enclosure-An-affordable-solution-for-keeping-alive-the-HDD-SSD-of-dead-laptops.492302.0.html

S.Yu

Maybe it's easier for 2.5" sata, I bought an enclosure for my m2 ssd and it's somehow not compatible with my drive's format, but one of the reasons I bought it was to use it to extract data out of it, because the old computer was already broken, now I need to find a...motherboard with m2 slot, as the dealer claims, to extract the data, then format it plugged into the new enclosure.

Anderooo

eBay m.2 to usb adapter, there are loads about. Many have a helpful picture showing which type they are compatible with.

S.Yu

Quote from: Anderooo on September 07, 2020, 09:27:27
eBay m.2 to usb adapter, there are loads about. Many have a helpful picture showing which type they are compatible with.
Obviously, I'm not talking about the socket. It's that my SSD formatted on the motherboard can't be read from an adaptor until formatted by the adaptor, which, obviously, destroys all my data.

Smol PP

Instead of reviews of a low value products nobody asked for, it would be great to know if and what configuration of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen3 (i7-10750H, i7-10850H or i9-10885H) is faster than the ThinkPad T14 with AMD Ryzen 7 4750U.

If you need revenue, I'd happily click on all your ads, but spamming the feed with irrelevant content, undermines your legitimacy.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: S.Yu on September 08, 2020, 02:17:44
Obviously, I'm not talking about the socket. It's that my SSD formatted on the motherboard can't be read from an adaptor until formatted by the adaptor, which, obviously, destroys all my data.
Maybe it has something to do with AHCI mode??? But still... I would try with another adapter. I've never heard of such an issue.
@Smol PP: As a consumer, I really like to see in-depth reviews or at least quick hand-ons/mini-reviews like this one for low-price items. It's not about revenue, but about honest coverage of products that many people are buying mainly because of their price and often you can pretty good or awfully bad for the same price. Regarding your question, keep an eye on the laptop reviews, I am sure it will get an answer sooner or later.

S.Yu

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on October 07, 2020, 20:00:38
Quote from: S.Yu on September 08, 2020, 02:17:44
Maybe it has something to do with AHCI mode??? But still... I would try with another adapter. I've never heard of such an issue.
@Smol PP: As a consumer, I really like to see in-depth reviews or at least quick hand-ons/mini-reviews like this one for low-price items. It's not about revenue, but about honest coverage of products that many people are buying mainly because of their price and often you can pretty good or awfully bad for the same price. Regarding your question, keep an eye on the laptop reviews, I am sure it will get an answer sooner or later.
Thanks for the input, but since the adapter can be detected in Windows but the data can't be accessed, I still suspect an issue between the SSD and the adapter, not with Windows, in any case I should find a motherboard to try on in a few days.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview