News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Honor MagicBook Pro: Exclusive hands-on of the 16-inch laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H SoC

Started by Redaktion, September 04, 2020, 12:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Honor MagicBook Pro is a 16.1-inch laptop with a modern AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor with a starting price of 749 Euros. We already have a sample of the new device and share our initial impressions of the new MagicBook Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Honor-MagicBook-Pro-Exclusive-hands-on-of-the-16-inch-laptop-with-Ryzen-5-4600H-SoC.492152.0.html

Roman777

"attach an external screen via DisplayPort-Alt mode, but this will block the charging port in return..."
What do you mean? If I plug in monitor that supports both video and power delivery via usb-c cable the laptop wouldn't be able to charge? Or you just ment that for simultaneous charging and video output one should use appropriate type-c hub or monitor that supports not only video output but power delivery as well?

elmakay

Quote from: Roman777 on September 08, 2020, 05:51:41
"attach an external screen via DisplayPort-Alt mode, but this will block the charging port in return..."
What do you mean? If I plug in monitor that supports both video and power delivery via usb-c cable the laptop wouldn't be able to charge? Or you just ment that for simultaneous charging and video output one should use appropriate type-c hub or monitor that supports not only video output but power delivery as well?

All it means is you need a USB-C Hub which supports power delivery and Displayout to do both at the same time. The whole point of USB-C is to be able to use a single hub for all your connections anyway. I don't especially want the laptop to be more expensive because the manufacturer put a display out on a second USB-C port.

Xyzaaaa

What we want to ask is - if we connect computer to a monitor which has usb-c signal and charging capability at the same time  - will it work with this machine?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview