News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel is being silent about the price of Tiger Lake laptops and that has us worried

Started by Redaktion, September 03, 2020, 00:24:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The first Ice Lake laptops launched late last year for around $1500 USD. Will the first Tiger Lake laptops be just as pricey? We're hopeful that the outstanding performance-per-dollar of current AMD Ryzen Zen 2 laptops will persuade OEMs to launch Tiger Lake models at lower prices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-is-being-silent-about-the-price-of-Tiger-Lake-laptops-and-that-has-us-worried.491460.0.html

john03092020

Who cares how much they will cost? They are Intel, so you will give them a score close to 90% in your reviews, convincing the random visitor that they justify their price.

dsajdia

Intel doesn't need to make price parity with AMD, GET THAT IN YOUR MIND.
Intel can get away with selling tigerlake at much higher prices because of Intel brand....

Mate

Laptops with Ice Lake are expensive cause Intel failed to deliver CPUs in big quantities on market. Nothing surprising that manufacturers decided to use limited CPU supplies only in laptops from premium category. Now Intel claims to resolve manufacturing problems  so it should be a bit better.

slowowl

Let's wait for the real objective tech reviews first. Prices and availability later.

If Tiger Lake didn't bring IPC gains then what is real-world CPU frequency? Those Intel marketing slides showcase some vague max TDP performance.
The same goes for Tiger Lake iGPU vs MX 350. Also, Thunderbolt 4 is a curious topic, I'll take Ryzen over 2 lanes crippled Thunderbolt like in ThinkPad T series.

shawman

Dont compare premium laptops like XPS, Spectre with vivobook.There will be cheap inspiron, pavillion and other brand laptops with Tiger lake. I bought a ice lake i5(HP) for just $280 at costco last year. While that was not a norm but ice lake laptops were common around 500-600. I am sure tiger lake wont be that far off.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview