News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Qualcomm confirms that the Snapdragon 732G will make its debut alongside a Poco phone

Started by Redaktion, August 31, 2020, 18:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Qualcomm has lifted the veil off its newest mid-ranger. The Snapdragon 732G comes with two high-performance Kyro 470 Gold cores, six Kyro 470 Silver cores, and an overclocked Adreno 618 GPU. It is billed to debut alongside a Poco phone, which is very likely the Poco X3.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-confirms-that-the-Snapdragon-732G-will-make-its-debut-alongside-a-Poco-phone.490902.0.html

Anonymous

While it's interesting to read how Mediatek is finally up their game, they still have something vital to be fixed.

Until today, Mediatek is identical to phones that doesn't offer long time support of its OS. Very rarely a Mediatek phone received 2 official OS updates. I know it's the vendor, not Mediatek, responsibility to provide such updates, but Mediatek plays some part of it (difficult to update, etc).

Unless you plan to buy a phone and forget about it in next year, I strongly advice not to take a phone with Mediatek SoC in it.

OPDogg

I don't think Mediatek is to blame here at all. More reputable vendors are using Mediatek chips now, and we will see proper support for these phones. I doubt vendors like Xiaomi will not support their phones for after less than 2 years, regardless of the chip.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview