News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 7550 Mobile Workstation Review: The Antithesis To The Precision 5550

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2020, 19:00:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If the XPS 15 had gained some weight, it would probably look a lot like the Precision 7550. This high-end mobile workstation drops the super-thin and sexy designs of most Nvidia Studio laptops in favor of a "proper" full-size chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-7550-Mobile-Workstation-Review-The-Antithesis-To-The-Precision-5550.489357.0.html

gigle

Quote from: Rado on August 28, 2020, 19:22:15
How does it compare to Ryzen 4800H?
4800H in Eluktronics RP 15 scores an average of around 1900 in cinebench. This Dell scored 1600.

midvok

Well Dell... no dedicated Home/End, PgUp/Down buttons and the reduced size of cursors? So, I guess this notebook is not targeted for developers who actually write code... therefore, I won't buy this!

Federico

Don't BUY DELL 7550

The mother board and cooling system has been changed TWO TIMES and STILL my laptop produce a strong electrical noise! So I conclude that all the 7550 has the same problem due to the tiny possibility to has met 3 parts with the same failure (less than 1/1 000 000 as shown in 6sigma approach).

The solution proposed by DELL is to disable C-state option into the BIOS, it works but the current into the CPU is always high with consequences on the lifespan and battery life (in standby mode the battery drop from 50% to 30% in one our without use the laptop)

DELL PRECISION 7550

intel i7-10875H

16Gb RAM

Vaardu

Was there never a review of the 7540? It's listed as 41.3dB for the emissions but even then in the review its stated that it was as loud as the last gen. As my 7540 has some kind of whine, not coil but the whines from the fans whenever they run. They're Sunon fans, and I have discovered Delta made fans for the laptop as well. Unsure if the Delta ones are any quieter or the Sunons I have aren't perfect.

Geo

Quote from: Vaardu on February 17, 2023, 13:15:45Was there never a review of the 7540? It's listed as 41.3dB for the emissions but even then in the review its stated that it was as loud as the last gen. As my 7540 has some kind of whine, not coil but the whines from the fans whenever they run. They're Sunon fans, and I have discovered Delta made fans for the laptop as well. Unsure if the Delta ones are any quieter or the Sunons I have aren't perfect.

what were the fans used in this 7550 in this review!? they look great!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview