News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung is allegedly working on three new foldable phones

Started by Redaktion, August 27, 2020, 14:47:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We haven't even found out when exactly the new Galaxy Z Fold 2 is going to be available, yet rumors about other upcoming foldable models are already circulating on Twitter. Details are quite skimpy, but it looks like Samsung plans to finally add S Pen support on next year's flagship foldable, while the highly anticipated sub-US$1,000 model is supposed to integrate a cheaper screen protective layer. Moreover, there apparently is another model, which is getting a screen that folds both inwards and outwards.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-is-allegedly-working-on-three-new-foldable-phones.490098.0.html

jlthom

What if Samsung is working on a phone similar to the Surface Duo? Except that the Samsung version will have an exterior screen & a stylus?

But makes sense that alternate foldable devices are still being developed. Hard to tell what's going to be the "IT" factor with consumers these days. And developing new less-expensive devices is a very good direction to take, considering the general global economic issues as a result of the pandemic.

_MT_

Quote from: jlthom on August 27, 2020, 18:48:43
But makes sense that alternate foldable devices are still being developed. Hard to tell what's going to be the "IT" factor with consumers these days. And developing new less-expensive devices is a very good direction to take, considering the general global economic issues as a result of the pandemic.
It's normal for technology to trickle down. However, you typically want to achieve certain maturity before that happens. And I'm not sure foldable displays are there. Market might be ready, but can they actually make a display (and associated hinge mechanism) that's durable and cheap?

Who knows. I'm looking forward to more devices like the Flip or the Motorola. Because the biggest problem I have with current big phones is the length. I can see the appeal of a phone that folds out into a tablet. But it's not for me if it doesn't fit comfortably in my pockets. It's like trying to fit a coat wallet into your pants. If I have to carry a bag to carry a phone, I might just as well carry a tablet or even a laptop. iPad mini fits into pretty small reporter bags. Some can fit Air or smaller Pro. Try beating that in a phone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview