News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaker shows massive triple-slot NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders' Edition card, reveals possible RTX 3000-series pricing

Started by Redaktion, August 22, 2020, 11:59:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Triple-slot is no doubt big, but some custom designs coming from Nvidia's AIB partners are rumored to feature 3.5-slot coolers and these will get TGP's well above the 400 W mark. Since these cards are using the 8 nm manufacturing process from Samsung, the power efficiency might prove a bit subpar compared to AMD's Big Navi produced on the TSMC's 7 nm nodes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaker-shows-massive-triple-slot-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-Founders-Edition-card-reveals-possible-RTX-3000-series-pricing.489285.0.html

Anonyneko

400W...?! I know this is a Ti-tier card, but Ampere TDP doesn't bode well for laptops, does it...

S.Yu

Quote from: Anonyneko on August 22, 2020, 13:05:38
400W...?! I know this is a Ti-tier card, but Ampere TDP doesn't bode well for laptops, does it...
And I suspect 8nm is cheaper to use now than 10nm was then, but I don't think they're gonna be passing along the savings unless AMD is able to force them to, but that probably still isn't happening this gen.

Spunjji

"so that price might actually be decent"

Bollocks! $200 more for 40% more performance two years later, and you're trying to sell that as "decent"? Sod off. You can buy an entire gaming PC and a monitor for that much money.

Even if it's "only" $1200 it'll be just as much of a joke as the 2080Ti is at that price. If it's a penny more, I literally don't care what downsides there are to the AMD alternatives - I will not be buying Nvidia again until they stop this nonsense.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview