News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA Ryzen 7 Convertible Review: Core i7 Need Not Apply

Started by Redaktion, August 22, 2020, 02:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's another home run for the affordable Asus VivoBook Flip series as this AMD-powered convertible retails is both faster and cheaper than many Intel Core i7 alternatives in the market.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBook-Flip-14-TM420IA-Ryzen-7-Convertible-Review-Core-i7-Need-Not-Apply.488016.0.html

cmdnb

f*** Asus for putting s*** hitler screens only on AMD
f*** Asus for putting bad cooling on AMD

f*** Lenovo for not allowing a 1660TI or RTX 2060 on their AMD laptops

f*** MSI for putting bad cooling and hitler screen on AMD + Bribery

Padmakara

Looks like this laptop with a 8 core ryzen cpu and 42wh battery achieves 479 minutes on wifi vs 461 min on a i5 4 cores cpu with a bigger battery 50wh.
For those people who said intel is better at battery runtime than amd.
Also a 4300u 4 core AMD ryzen achieves 724 min, which is 50% more than the 8 core ryzen and 55% more runtime than a i5 4 core Intel.
This shows everything to the haters or paid articles.

exactly

"Also a 4300u 4 core AMD ryzen achieves 724 min, which is 50% more than the 8 core ryzen and 55% more runtime than a i5 4 core Intel.
This shows everything to the haters or paid articles."

This is the thing what the editor of those "Renoir weakness is battwry life" articles should think.

Titles matters, not what you write in the bottom of the article. You guys will be sued in EU court. Very soon.

Valter

I wonder how a fast system like this would do with Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop open. Would it be able to edit a 4K video? I didn't know Windows 10 could run on 8GB of Ram.

hfm

I wonder who the first to use a new Ryzen CPU in a notebook and also support TB3 will be. My guess is we will be waiting for USB4. :/

Xajel

I don't understand why ASUS is putting USB 2.0 on their VivoBooks, It's not the first laptop I've seen from them. Even other low-to-mid AMD ones have USB 2.0.

yusuf

Why ASUS did not make any ventilation grilles in this product bottom panel?
Even the ASUS VIVOBOOK FLIP with i5 8250U still have ventilation grilles in the bottom panel, even it was small.
It seems irrational thing done by a factory like ASUS.
How can they do that?
I Still think to buy this product next month when this product arrives in my country. But also think to make additional ventilation grilles by my self.

anaconda

I do not understand why the reviewer adds this kind of phrase:

"Instead, the hardware will lack a few luxurious features like Thunderbolt 3"

When you review a intel budget laptop which does not have TB3, you for some reason dont mention  a lack of TB3 ?

I know the answer fo my question, TB3 is anymore the only thing what to mock AMD about. TB3 is Intels only feature what they anymore have after they lost the CPU and iGPU wars.

Saying that a budget laptop lacks TB3 is like saying that a non touch screen lacks a touch screen. yes it do lack it because it is not supposed to even have it.

How many budget range or midrange laptop usually have TB3? Zero!
TB3 is not any kind of luxurious thing anyway, it is used by very rare people who need dGPU for some weird reasons.

vertigo

Even with the crappy display and cooling, inclusion of USB 2.0 (in 2020, really?!) and lack of a webcam shutter or kill switch (again, it's 2020, this should be standard on EVERY laptop now and any without such a feature should be knocked for it), I would have bought this. But due to ASUS's moronic use of a barrel charger instead of USB-C charging, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it, since it's essentially obsolete on arrival. These laptop manufacturers really need to pull their heads out of their a**es and get with the times and stop putting in features that stopped being acceptable years ago and leaving ones out that should be standard by now, if not years ago.

Props to them for at least making one RAM slot upgradable, though this means that you're going to have one 4GB stick and one 16GB stick, for example, which isn't exactly ideal, but I suppose it's better than most. I also really like the fact they put an extra column of keys for home/end/pgup/pgdn on the right side and wish other manufacturers would do this, instead of just wasting an inch of space on either side of the keyboard and shoving those functions onto the arrow keys.

Come on ASUS, you're better than this. Hell, if it had USB-C charging and a better display, I'd have paid probably around $1k for it. I get trying to keep it cheap, but at least provide the option of a non-junk display.

Moogoo

Grabbed from Amazon for $600 AUD on black Friday for daughter starting HS in 2 months. AMAZING bargain with what we got for the price.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview