News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Some Surface Book users complain of screen defects in response to normal use, and that Microsoft is all but ignoring them

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2020, 22:27:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Surface Book series comprise innovative 2-in-1s that can run the buyer a pretty penny. Its support and user forums have exhibited a pattern of complaints that these devices develop cracks in their screens (often "overnight"). These defects reportedly appear as a result of doing no more than closing their lids in notebook mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Some-Surface-Book-users-complain-of-screen-defects-in-response-to-normal-use-and-that-Microsoft-is-all-but-ignoring-them.489274.0.html

Hder

Even the surface pro 7 have touchscreen calibration problem and Microsoft neglected the complaints you can check that on surface pro 7 community.

Ishan Sharma

It is not only in surface book. It is with Surface Laptop 3 as well. With the metal ones. And customer representatives says it is due to some foreign particle. How can lot of people including me face the same problem. So stupid. They are just ignoring the design flaw. I have replaced mine in the first month due to screen crack.

S.Yu

AFAICT, laptop build quality is seeing a slide in recent years, and MS is yet one of the worse companies in this regard. Their customer support is also poor considering how badly they price their products.
If only Lenovo would revive the IBM era aesthetics we would have a pretty clear winner on both the design and quality of the chassis.

funknflex

My first Surface Book 3 had audio sync issues and eventually crashed / hardware failure. Got a replacement, and it performs really poorly. In hot weather it's not usable at all. Microsoft Support just told me that was normal and they couldn't do anything about it. I get BSODs every now and then.

Ray Spore

I hardly use mine and one day I noticed that the screen was cracked, I'm 100% sure that happened overnight without me touching it.

JamesH

The headline made me think the opposite of what the article is saying. (All but ignoring users sounds like they're helping to me.)

ArtSec

I've got 2 issues that I'm experiencing with my book 2. 1. Portion (vertical) of the screen doesn't respond to the pen. A blank appears on the almost 1 inch wide portion. 2. It won't detach due to a running program MicrosftExperienceHost. What's a book 2 if it can't be detached. Emailed Microsoft for several months and until now did not get any response. Unlike apple that feedbacks real-time Microsoft has a very bad customer support. I'm very disappointed considering the considerable savings I spent for it.

Da Bald Eagul

"All but ignoring" would mean they were all over the issue, not that they were actually ignoring it.

Shymoon

This happened to my performance base model a few years ago and I got it replaced but only because I had product care through the supplier. I now have had the 15 inch book 2 for some time and no problems (touch wood). Love my surface book for design work and movie night.
BTW " all but ignoring" means practically ignoring, as in they are barely responding. Doing everything to avoid responding, bar ignoring.

S.Yu

Quote from: Shymoon on September 20, 2020, 23:05:13
This happened to my performance base model a few years ago and I got it replaced but only because I had product care through the supplier. I now have had the 15 inch book 2 for some time and no problems (touch wood). Love my surface book for design work and movie night.
BTW " all but ignoring" means practically ignoring, as in they are barely responding. Doing everything to avoid responding, bar ignoring.
Regarding the phrasing, both meanings are recognized, which means this is one of the few phrases that can mean exact opposites. Better choose a time and place for it carefully then.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview