News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Official Lenovo spec sheet confirms ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 will have RTX 2080 Super, Intel Core i9-10980HK

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2020, 18:22:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A spec sheet from Lenovo confirms that the upcoming ThinkPad T15g Gen 1 can be equipped with either an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q or an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q. The T15g Gen 1 can also be configured with a bevy of Intel Comet Lake CPUs. There are a few Xeon options as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Official-Lenovo-spec-sheet-confirms-ThinkPad-T15g-Gen-1-will-have-RTX-2080-Super-Intel-Core-i9-10980HK.489259.0.html

illusque

Sportbike Mike

If be interested if it had an RGB keyboard.  I'm quite fond of my similar Thinkpad work computer.

Max Brown

Stoked about this - can't wait for it to launch. For me as an architect, GTX/RTX is just fine - no need for a Quadro.

The T15g would mean you would have great performance in 3d/Unreal/VR while not having to break the bank for a high priced P53 with a good quadro.

I tried gaming laptops twice and the build quality can't be compared to the Thinkpad line. If you need to startup the laptop while on the construction site, you want all the Thinkpad goodness and a good gfx chip..

AyA

That's what I've been dreaming of! I have been dreaming of a Lenovo notebook in workstation style, with a large battery AND an RTX gpu. I need the massive amount of CUDA cores for SfM (Agisoft's Metashape, a bit of BLENDER) and works like that, without the other abilities and certifications of the QUADRO line. I want a notebook with the battery, build quality and the keyboard of the P-series, and I almost got used to the idea to buy a P15 with an RTX 3000. I am amazed to now have the chance to basically find a P15 with a gpu with a load more CUDA cores! Please Lenovo, make it available world wide!

kony

I already bought a laptop not long ago, so I'll skip this one , but damn it's great at least in theory. I guess I might  get Gen 2 if the Gen 1 gets good opinions and reviews.

Ken Yee

hfm

Quote from: Ken Yee on August 22, 2020, 16:38:59
Disappointed it doesn't have a 16:10 ratio screen but the rest of the specs look great! 🙂

Agreed. After owning a Gram 17 for 1.5 years I can't go backward from a lightweight 16:10 17"...

PC_Car

When is this coming out ?
Why would anyone be interested in RGB keyboards - this is childish.
Please tell us the release date for this laptop.

SchmutzKebab

I stopped reading when there was no AMD Ryzen 9 4900H or at least 4800H option.
Also, no RTX 2060 and annoying numberpad.

This means the only attractive workhorse with poten AMD is the Asus G14 which has a dealbreaking lack of a webcam, shockingly bad keyboard contrast and paint chipping off after a few months...

Time to wait another 12 months until the ThinkPad X1 Extreme comes with TB4 and Ryzen 5th gen :)

Huhuhu

Those are some tumor inducingly thick display bezels from the 80s.

Hope my €1079 Lenovo Legion 5 (with AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060, 144Hz  300cd/m², 80Wh and RGB keys) will arrive from CampusPoint before Jan 2021...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview