News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Trials of Mana exceeds sales expectations, gives hope for a Chrono Trigger remake

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2020, 00:49:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Square Enix has reported "strong" sales of Trials of Mana that have "significantly surpassed" initial expectations. Meanwhile, FF7 Remake sold nearly 5 million units in its first three months since launch. The sales success of remakes could lead to more similar titles from the company in the future.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Trials-of-Mana-exceeds-sales-expectations-gives-hope-for-a-Chrono-Trigger-remake.488992.0.html

A

"Trials of Mana exceeds sales expectations, gives hope for a Chrono Trigger remake (Source: Square Enix)" - This makes it seem like Square Enix is saying it but they aren't.

Also, Chrono Trigger is more likely to get a full remake like FF7 rather than Trials of Mana. It's a bigger title.

Kimbo

Chrono Bigger than Seiken Densetsu 3? Of course not. In addition to being probably the best jRPG of its time, it is also the best of a saga that was already well established and that still had good continuations.

A

Quote from: Kimbo on August 21, 2020, 04:14:18
Chrono Bigger than Seiken Densetsu 3? Of course not. In addition to being probably the best jRPG of its time, it is also the best of a saga that was already well established and that still had good continuations.

Yes, Chrono Trigger is bigger than Seiken Densetsu 3. If you ask most people what the best JRPG of all time, Chrono Trigger will easily make a larger portion of the list than Seiken Densetsu 3. And if you limit it to SNES, Chrono Trigger will take majority of people's vote.

Jobel

Just went right ahead and pulled that Chrono Trigger title drop out of your a**. No mention of any interest in doing that from Square Enix, it's wishful thinking and nothing more. f*** off with your clickbait BS

SlimBadBody

Can I get a sequel? Chrono trigger gets repackaged and updated like every 5 years. How about a Chrono Cross retcon? Or wait no.. a sequel!

yhh

although i do like cross i don't think a retcon is a bad idea...

chrono trigger is sort of a spinoff from mana 2 so i don't see the point arguing which is bigger... since they're related. secret of mana's working title was "chrono trigger."

also it's not really clickbait, either---it's chrono 25th anniversary and everybody is talking about it. if you thought that title was any more than conjecture, you read it wrong. see the word "hope" there?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview