News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Next-gen console prices and release dates allegedly leaked with Microsoft's Xbox Series X and S taking very strong positions against the PlayStation 5 consoles

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2020, 21:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The apparent prices and release dates for the PlayStation 5 Blu-ray model, PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S have been shared online. The source of the information claims the details are "more than a rumor or speculation". If accurate, the Xbox Series consoles will hold a strong position against the PS5 hardware, especially with brand-blind shoppers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Next-gen-console-prices-and-release-dates-allegedly-leaked-with-Microsoft-s-Xbox-Series-X-and-S-taking-very-strong-positions-against-the-PlayStation-5-consoles.488546.0.html

Anonym

Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot of they allowed a 399€ PS5 DE go unresponded by the Series X, especially with such a poor launch lineup in the games front.

Even I, that have been gaming on Xboxes would seriously consider getting the PS5 DE just for the exclusives.

Calan

I  doubt Microsoft is selling a new gen console for $299. No sense in buying a new Xbox since Microsoft feels the need to hold back devs.  Making devs have games run on newer console n previous means that the version on the series s and x will only be upscaled. Ps5 better for devs since they dont need to hold back on newer games

Anonymous

Those who always claiming about Xbox beyond everything PlayStation has (except worldwide sales) are only westerners. Meanwhile, PlayStation (and Nintendo) had always been brand of gaming entertainment since 90s for most of Asian countries. There are a lot of interesting exclusive titles that PlayStation and Nintendo offers. Even though in this pandemic situation, asian gamers that majorly are PC gamers most likely go for PlayStation and Nintendo for their choice of console.

Anonym

Quote from: Umm... on August 19, 2020, 07:38:18
That's the point of the Xbox series s, and it's $100 cheaper than the ps5 de
The Series S is a far more constrained device than the Series X (less powerful GPU and reduced target resolutions/fidelity), while the PS5 DE is a full blown PS5 just without the Bluray drive. The Series S is great to get to a cheaper price point than the PS5, but not a replacement for the digital-only Series X.

Furthermore, where I live all Xboxes end-up in the bargain bin very quickly. I got my One S just a few months after launch at 189€ with *TWO* games included in the price: FH3 (has the Hot-wheels expansion) and GoW4. So far, Microsoft hasn't quite delivered on the launch games, so by the time we'll get something nice to play the Series X would be much cheaper around here (assuming the COVID situation gets sorted and there's some pricing normalcy once again).

I kid you not, if there is the PS5 DE at 399€ but no Series X at that price, then I will very gladly jump ship and get the PS5 DE at launch just to play all the exclusives that I have been missing-out from the PS4/PS3 era (Uncharted, Last of Us, and Horizon Zero Down look like great games that are now really cheap to buy -- so great for me that was playing just on Xbox). I do want to upgrade my One S, but Microsoft shouldn't just take for granted the gamers that have endured their dry-spells over the years: Xbox 360 was amazing, no need to reinvent the wheel, just reproduce the Xbox 360 formula with the Series X.

spotanjo3

I am so getting PS5 because there are some games that are not available on PC such as God of War series and others.

That's why I don't need XBOX Series X since PC will have those games available on it. So, why bother ? And PC can upgrade easily! For me, PS5 all the way since PS3 and PS4!

No way

Ummm, this has got to be a joke, no way Xbox can let that PS5 DE at 399$ go uncountered. If MS really do that, it is the end for Xbox this generation.
That is if the source is true, although i doubt even Sony or MS has the concrete price to tell them at the moment.

Oldiewan

$299 sounds good but I'm like everyone else, for an extra hundred bucks I'd probably get a ps5 de so I could play a few exclusives. I'll probably be getting a series x as well because I also like Microsoft's games. Don't have a gaming PC and don't really want to build one for the same price as both of these consoles. I can have a ps5 and an Xbox series x for $900 and play all of the games I'm interested in. I still have my windows PC and Chromebook for work and other tasks. I'm also running stadia on my Chromebook and will be checking out the xcloud on my older PC. If cloud gaming from Microsoft is as good or better than stadia I just might not buy anything at all. 100 games to start on a streaming service for $14.99 a month isn't bad at all considering I'll be paying for Xbox live anyway. I've got stadia for the free games they have every month for their pro version of which there are some really fun games for 10 bucks a month. We'll just have to wait and see what the prices really are. Never know, Microsoft might just take a big hit on the hardware and surprise everyone with a great price on the x, after all they make most of their money from live.

Sandeep

Whoever wrote this article did not seem to get the huge difference in mindshare between the two consoles. The place where I live people call any console as 'playstation'. Series S is an excellent offering at $299 but the decision to prefer it over $100 more PS5 DE completely lies on the factor of games. Gamepass is a great push from Microsoft side to buy their consoles but still not enough to compete with AAA exclusives and system sellers that Playstation puts. However Series X is going to be interesting as people may give preference to power but I don't think there is a huge difference.

Hello

Lol, this article is on drugs if it thinks the pricing of the full fledged consoles is a good thing for MS.

Sure, they'll sell some series S to some schlub who doesn't care about gaming, and apparently this is where MS wants to win the war, but that's only because they truly care about subs over anything else.

Sony still is focused on pushing this next generation ahead, while MS couldn't care less as long as you own SOME kind of Xbox, this generation or last.

The mere fact that one can purchase the diskless PS5 for $100 less than the series X is a HUGE win for Sony if true.

This whole "perceived faster" bs is coming more and more to a head, and it really seems to be paper stats VS higher level engineering. Series X has numbers on paper, but PS5 not only seems to have superior architecture, but clearly a different mindset when you look at the games.

Sony has a clear intention of driving the next generation with next gen defining graphics straight out of the gate. MS however, seems content with graphics that hold the new consoles back in a weird attempt to keep previous gen consoles viable. It can be seen in nearly every game reveal they've made. Everything is "games as a service", and as long as you sub Game Pass they couldn't care less what console you buy.

From a traditional sense, it feels like Sony has already won this generation. MS is banking on subs over sales... We will see if that mindset does translate to dollars in their pocket, but it's very clear to me which console actually innovates and betters gaming for the end user. Apparently you'll be able to snag one sans disk for $100 less than the competition this fall.

Derp

Quote from: Umm... on August 19, 2020, 07:38:18
That's the point of the Xbox series s, and it's $100 cheaper than the ps5 de

Yes, let's all buy Xbox series S, the console that is less powerful than PS4 Pro or One X and pretend that we bought the direct competition to the disk less PS5.

Oh well, at least you're proving that MS does in fact have a market for the Series S -- the wildly uninformed peasant gamer.

Xiro

There's no incentive for anyone with a half decent pc to get an Xbox at this point. Every single game will be available, and lots of big titles are accessible via Game Pass. There are no features that the Series X/S will have that won't also be fully integrated on PC. I'm hoping these "brand blind" shoppers are aware of that.

Anonym

Quote from: Sandeep on August 19, 2020, 15:24:29
Whoever wrote this article did not seem to get the huge difference in mindshare between the two consoles. The place where I live people call any console as 'playstation'. Series S is an excellent offering at $299 but the decision to prefer it over $100 more PS5 DE completely lies on the factor of games.
It's just like that in Portugal, hence why Xboxes were usually found discounted next to bargain bins, and the store isles are pitifully small compared to the PlayStation ones (also why digital-only became a non-issue for me; that's the best way to purchase Xbox games here).

In practical "real-world" terms, I have grown seeing Playstations cost more than Xboxes. There is no way I would pay more for a Series X when I could have a PS5 DE for 100€ less. Similarly, there is no way I would get the inferior Series S when I could get a PS5 DE for 100€ more.

This should be especially troubling when factoring into the equation that I am an Xbox gamer ever since the original Xbox. After the botched launch of the Xbox One, I had really high hopes for the Series X -- launch games are already shaky, do not screw everything up "permanently" on pricing like already done on the Xbox One launch. Xbox 360 was the golden age, I would try to mimic that magic in 2020 (i.e., aggressively priced hardware that was the last true competitor of a Playstation).

sasuke0318

Quote from: Xiro on August 19, 2020, 15:42:54
There's no incentive for anyone with a half decent pc to get an Xbox at this point. Every single game will be available, and lots of big titles are accessible via Game Pass. There are no features that the Series X/S will have that won't also be fully integrated on PC. I'm hoping these "brand blind" shoppers are aware of that.

Ok first off lets be honest here "brand blind" shoppers are not likely to have a powerful pc and they are more concerned with price so with that being said a next gen console is definitely the way to go. I can't see the people in question here knowing how to build a pc so there option would be to buy something and considering that next generation consoles will be around $500 making them far cheaper then any pc that could output 4K it the way to go for them. Im not looking anything up here but I can't imagine you can buy a pc thats 4K for anything less than $1,000 but more likely $1,500 and and brand blind people are not going to spend two to three times more on something for the same experience.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview