News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro combines AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with 14 inch 16:10 screen

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2020, 16:19:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Like Dell with the XPS line, Lenovo embraces the 16:10 aspect ratio. The upcoming Lenovo Yoga 7 Pro features the taller scree ratio with a new 14 inch display, combining it with the most powerful AMD laptop processor: The AMD Ryzen 9 4900H.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Slim-7-Pro-combines-AMD-Ryzen-9-4900H-with-14-inch-16-10-screen.488510.0.html

sadsadas

RinzImpulse

Glad that Lenovo doesn't skimp Ryzen laptops, though, Yoga Slim 7 with 4800U + 4266 MHz RAM review is still nowhere to be seen

john18082020

Rodney

WTF lenovo 45545

WTF??

Ryzen 9 with LPDDR RAM?
And how they want to cool that processor with such ridiculous thin chasis and no ventilation entry?

On paper it has Ryzen 9. In reality it will have Ryzen 3.

Lenovo go f*** yourself with such trash design.

x

Umm ... read carefully it's an mobile variant of the ryzen 9 processor and yes it can use lpddr ram

Quote from: WTF lenovo 45545 on August 18, 2020, 18:21:36
WTF??

Ryzen 9 with LPDDR RAM?
And how they want to cool that processor with such ridiculous thin chasis and no ventilation entry?

yatra

This one is becoming really interesting to a point where I believe I found my new laptop (oh wait 2021?  :o)

4900H awesome -> Will it throttle ?
16:10 awesome, finally. Plus it looks like a great screen. Finally.
300 & 400cd -> that's poor for business / travel.
16GB -> why not putting 32GB in this beast? In regards to the specs I'd take it.
Starting 800€ -> seriously? No typo ?

Everything else looks great to me, and It's great to see Lenovo stepping up with an XPS alternative.
I'll wait for this one like I'm still waiting for the same one announced with 4800U for weeks lol

anaconda

I have currently 4800U Slim 7 and it is a beast.
With 25W TDP it is close to desktop 3600 65W performance.

Thermals are really good, in quiet mode it almoset never uses fans.

So do not say 4900H will throttle, it depends how Lenovo has adjusted the powers. It will most probably work at around 35W tdp but can boost higher.
Thanks lenovo for doing this, I will definedly upgrade my slim 7 to slim 7 pro because of the cool screen.

Hope it will also have 2 SSD slots like the Slim 7 has.

Valantar

Quote from: WTF lenovo 45545 on August 18, 2020, 18:21:36
WTF??

Ryzen 9 with LPDDR RAM?

What on earth are you on about? Let's do this point by point:

-Dell is able to cool a 25W+ CPU in their XPS 13. This is a larger 14" laptop, so with a little effort 45W should be perfectly doable. It doesn't have a dGPU, keeping the total heat output down.

-LPDDR4x has higher bandwidth than DDR4. The memory controllers in Renoir are able to operate as 2 64-bit channels of DDR4, up to 3200 MT/s, or four 32-bit channels of LPDDR4x, up to 4266MT/s. The latter has significantly higher bandwidth, uses less power, but has slightly higher latency, tops out at 32GB capacity maximum (theoretical, not for this design) and only comes in soldered-on form factors. LPDDR4x should make for a very noticeable performance increase for GPU-bound workloads.

cb88

Yeah 16GB only is getting pretty dated especially in a laptop as fast as this.

I'd say 16GB is almost a non starter these days if the ram is non upgradable... my work laptop has 40GB in it (32GB + the 8GB i was ordered with).

Spunjji

I don't understand why there's always a raft of "ugh, 16GB" comments on these types of devices. It's not a workstation. 16GB of RAM is enough for the vast majority of users - if you need more, you need a workstation laptop.

This actually looks like a solid use of Renoir - LPDDR4X in combination with the 45W Ryzen variants should provide better sustained CPU and GPU performance than Whisky/Comet Lake + MX150/250/330, in a smaller board area than that combination and with better thermals. Add a decent screen in a solid chassis and you ought to have a bit of a winner!

weeeeeeeee

Hm... well if anyone is still waiting on the 4800u review, a Chinese youtube video seems to show cinebench r15 starting at 1600 points and dropping immediatey, then stable around 1490 points after 30 minutes.

The leaked notebookcheck chart shows it starting around 1590 and dropping to 1480.

In comparison, the notebookcheck test of the T14s 4750u pro starts at 1350 and dropping to 1300.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview