News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New leak suggests a return of the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Samsung Galaxy S21 series

Started by Redaktion, August 15, 2020, 22:45:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Word on the grapevine claims that Samsung could be set to bring back the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Galaxy S21 series, after ditching it for the Note 10, S20, and Note 20 lineups. Apparently, the company may do that to gauge how much it influences sales.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-leak-suggests-a-return-of-the-3-5mm-headphone-jack-on-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S21-series.487469.0.html

S.Yu

WTF?!! If the jack and the s-pen reappear on a proper flagship, excluding any significant downgrade (recycling Exynos 990 would count), I'll buy it. I suppose my current phone could still hang on for a while............

teriyaki

Currently on the S10 series, last of the headphone jack and have basically ignored every flagship released from Samsung since. The return of the jack for S21+ would be a well-timed move if they execute.

Joseph Letts

It was a deal breaker for me. I use Sony XM3's as my Bluetooth cans, but I equally love my Fiio FH1s. I do have a Fiio K3 Dac, but it's cumbersome on the move, not to mention a hefty toll on the battery. I know l could purchase a Bluetooth adapter for the FH1s, but again why should I, and then sound quality isn't going to best the wired version.

When it was upgrad time, I just went with S10. 5G is not widely available in Ireland, and besides it was completely free.

If the S21 comes with a headphone jack in the future, I'll upgrade. Until then it's S10 for me.

kek

Good to see Samsung being able to back track on its decisions and not sticking to them stubbornly like some fruit company that we all know.

mxVK

Ghj

Oh I was thinking of going to the A71 or A51 I forget the number but now I can hold out for an s21 is this is true. Yay. I refuse to get a phone without a jack. Even if I have to go mid-level.

S.Yu

Quote from: Ghj on August 16, 2020, 17:57:56
Oh I was thinking of going to the A71 or A51 I forget the number but now I can hold out for an s21 is this is true. Yay. I refuse to get a phone without a jack. Even if I have to go mid-level.
You should've looked beyond Samsung instead, LG's flagships while carrying a dated look have delivered solid specs for years. If you'll put up with wonky localization then Redmi K30Pro, Vivo NEX3 would both be decent.
It feels as if they're toying with people but I like the S-pen enough to give them one last chance. If they're not serious about it they'd better come forth quickly, if it takes until next year for them to say "no, 3.5mm is gone after all" I will not buy a Samsung phone again.

msquicc

Yup, this is the best unofficial news I've heard about phones in a year!  Bring it back, Samsung!  Otherwise I'll have an S10 until I switch to LG.

David M

I'd strongly consider an S21 if they brought the jack back. They and a slightly smaller phone as my S10 is at the limit of what I can comfortably use.  Let's hope the iPhone 12 mini shoes Android OEMs not every phone needs to be some ridiculous 6.5 inch+ monster.

CarlinLemon

Lack of a headphone jack is a dealbreaker for me. Still hanging on to my Note 9, waiting for the next flagship with stylus and Jack. A flagship should have all the features, not less features.

S.Yu

Quote from: CarlinLemon on October 29, 2020, 07:39:39
Lack of a headphone jack is a dealbreaker for me. Still hanging on to my Note 9, waiting for the next flagship with stylus and Jack. A flagship should have all the features, not less features.
I concur, but if the next Note disappoints me further, I'll look back to an ROGP or something that has a jack or at least 2 C ports, a current gen flagship is more than enough such that I'm completely comfortable not chasing the bleeding edge of performance, certainly not at the cost of usability.

Rammskallion

S.Yu

Quote from: Rammskallion on November 16, 2020, 21:51:34
I would ABSOLUTELY buy one. I skipped the last Note for that specific reason!
Well we could basically rule out GS21 now, but there's still hope for the Note I guess? My phone still works fine generally and that's why I could wait and wait, and for similar reasons the whole smartphone market in general is contracting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview