News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Thin bezels, under-display cameras, and foldables are overpriced stopgaps on the way to the post-smartphone paradigm

Started by Redaktion, August 13, 2020, 19:06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The rise of ultra-expensive foldable devices like the Samsung Galaxy Fold, Motorola Razr, and Apple's rumoured iPhone/iPad hybrid underline a greater issue with the smartphone industry on the whole: the lack of genuine innovation and an inertia to move beyond a format that's becoming less suited to meet the needs of today's connected audiences.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Thin-bezels-under-display-cameras-and-foldables-are-overpriced-stopgaps-on-the-way-to-the-post-smartphone-paradigm.485839.0.html

hazem

Fold 2 socks, for the price I'm paying, it should be:

- 100w fast charging (already manufacturers has this) with charger inside the box

- 7 cameras (5 rear + 2 selfie)

- 5500mah battery

- Sapphire glass

-Ttitanium/ceramic body

- No any plastic components

- Stereo dolby system 4 sides surround speakers

- Wireless stereo headphones branded by Bose, B&O...etc (in the box)

- Suede/velvet luxury case done by a well-known brand such as LV...etc

And the phone must be made in South Korea factories ONLY.

Derek Schwartz

Quote from: hazem on August 14, 2020, 17:25:19
Fold 2 socks, for the price I'm paying, it should be:

- 100w fast charging (already manufacturers has this) with charger inside the box

- 7 cameras (5 rear + 2 selfie)

- 5500mah battery

- Sapphire glass

-Ttitanium/ceramic body

- No any plastic components

- Stereo dolby system 4 sides surround speakers

- Wireless stereo headphones branded by Bose, B&O...etc (in the box)

- Suede/velvet luxury case done by a well-known brand such as LV...etc

And the phone must be made in South Korea factories ONLY.

Stupidity at it's finest. God, how can people be so rerarded?

Derek Schwartz

You said some decent things, but then jumped off a bridge with the wearables and smart glasses. NO ONE WANTS THAT, COMPANIES HAVE TRIED.

It's just clunky gimmicks.
Foldables really have a spot here. The tech is still very much in it's early stages, but as long as we don't let it die out, it can turn into something quite productive.
Samsung really is trying (although I agree 5G is just plain meh).

Scarly

I don't believe that people don't want smart glasses, they just don't want bad implementations of anything, instead we accept a new paradigm when the proper device presents itself. I agree this is not for everyone, or even for most people, but when technology fades into experiences that suit a person, then for that person it isn't a problem of being gimmicky anymore.

On the same note, I also don't believe that Google deserves to be named out for smart glasses since North were going to release the beautiful Focals 2, way above what Google ever made in this regard, until Google shamelessly shut them down, and for what? Antitrust much?

JB

I think we're still a little behind in a few areas of general materials, networking and power storage science for a complete sea-change in mobile tech.

Eventually ubiquitous megafast wireless networking will make device level processing inefficient and we will all be using differently sized terminal devices as a rule in the mobile sphere.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview