News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft reveals more details about its pricey Surface Duo

Started by Redaktion, August 13, 2020, 03:45:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Following Microsoft's official launch of the Surface Duo, the company has updated its product page with its specification details. For a device starting from US$1,399 it has certainly got the blogosphere abuzz with what it has and doesn't have at the price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-reveals-more-details-about-its-pricey-Surface-Duo.485569.0.html

Joe Black

Puppy

Max Siegieda

There are a few other things it's missing compared to the LG V60 ThinQ which is significantly cheaper and has dual screens, like wireless charging, water resistance, an in-screen fingerprint sensor, a micro SD card slot and a display visible when the device is closed.

I was waiting for the Duo assuming it was going to be a $700 device, but now I think I'll get a global V60. They're not sold directly in the UK for some reason.

JThom

The Surface Duo is a good effort of return for Microsoft to the mobile phone market. There are some features we wish were included (cover screen, stereo speakers, attached Surface Pen); but overall, the device is fairly solid. And the Surface product style is nice too - with no gimmicky trendy camera array blocks or questionable hinge designs to distract from how the device operates. Though larger screens to fill as much space as possible would have been better. It's a clean professional design in the same vein as the iPhone.

If you can't get a Z-Fold2, get the Surface Duo and you shouldn't be disappointed. There's plenty of reasons to try it & enjoy using it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview