News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaker claims that Huawei has adopted the design of its rival for its next foldable smartphone

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2020, 20:31:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mate X and Mate Xs may stand out from the crowd, but rumour has it that Huawei has scrapped their outwards folding design for this year's model. Instead, the Mate X2 will feature an inwards folding display like Samsung's Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G. The Mate X2 will have a second screen too, along with a huge battery, four cameras, 65 W charging and multiple storage configurations.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaker-claims-that-Huawei-has-adopted-the-design-of-its-rival-for-its-next-foldable-smartphone.485201.0.html

Tov

This is non sense. They should just bring out something like 7000mAh 7.5inch Mate 40X and sell like hot cakes.

S.Yu

I suspect that they're just stirring up drama here. I don't believe the Party will allow Huawei to be actually sanctioned for extended periods. When a deal is reached, they'll be playing back from the dead when it was inevitable in the first place.
Though, if we see HiSilicon disbanding the SoC unit and laying off people, we'd know that they're really serious.
Until then.

Laundru Patton

That's fine if they changed the the look and function as the competitor. Sure they might not admit it that that functionality design is better. But what is different is going to be the price point. If only it had GMS. I would rock it..

S.Yu

Quote from: Laundru Patton on August 13, 2020, 10:41:12
That's fine if they changed the the look and function as the competitor. Sure they might not admit it that that functionality design is better. But what is different is going to be the price point. If only it had GMS. I would rock it..
As I said repeatedly for years and they keep proving me right, Huawei has no design language, they throw everything at the wall(frequently, ideas already taken by others) and see what sticks.

JThom

And it's really nothing wrong with (not) having a "design language" - it gives the company free-range to develop as consumer demand & design trends change...which is annually now. If the Mate X2 concept could be sold in the US, they'd be on the shelves in a month.

It takes a huge amount of effort to develop a family of devices that may not be accepted by consumers. No benefit is taking that kind of financial risk every year. Huawei is highly capable of making some really competitive devices, too bad it got caught up in the US-China political mess.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview