News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

This is HP's Answer To The Apple MacBook Pro: 2020 Envy 15 Creator Core i7 Review

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2020, 06:54:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP is betting big on 4K AMOLED, faster GeForce RTX graphics, and cheaper starting prices to challenge the all-popular MacBook Pro series and attract more content creators.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/This-is-HP-s-Answer-To-The-Apple-MacBook-Pro-2020-Envy-15-Creator-Core-i7-Review.484372.0.html

370nits

Ariliquin

john11082020

By not going AMD in the CPU part, they had to go and put a hi end GPU in there to have one advantage over Apple and managed to ruin everything. Good for them.

LHPSU

You're stuck with the 4K AMOLED if you want the 2060; there is no option to have the 1080p IPS panels.

mintpep

The thermal performance of this laptop is even better than the XPS 17, and way better than the XPS 15... This difference is not reflected in the average points as all three laptops gets ~100 points in performance section.

The i9 configuration should have similar performance with laptops with 4800H

hallen

Damn, I thought you were going to review the FHD/1660ti model from the first impressions. I have a feeling that will be a much better model.

Nic16

Good review! May you please check if the Quiet thermal profile is actually louder than other profiles in low-load scenarios? There are a discussion on HP Community and a discussion on Reddit about that.

TomBaz

You say the image is grainier than other glossy panels. Would last years Aero 15 OLED laptop be less grainy? I'd like to know as soon as possible.

WeekendVibester

Yeah, the aero has no grain at all, in fact. The HP is a touchscreen, the, Aero isn't. I have the model reviewed, and the grain is only noticeable on white backgrounds. You have to be very close to the screen to see it, maybe 8-12 inches away from it.

R.3

TomBaz

Thanks for the repose. One more thing. Their are different color profiles. Would any of the profiles make it better? If then then I guess it really is a hardware issue. I've had a matte screen laptop and never got used to it. Now that I'm getting a new laptop, I want the cleanest image possible which is why I'd prefer glossy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview