News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Duo: Leaked marketing renders confirm the outdated looks of Microsoft's upcoming foldable

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2020, 20:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaked marketing renders have offered a closer look at the Surface Duo, Microsoft's long-awaited foldable device. While Microsoft exited the smartphone market four years ago, the bezels on the Surface Duo feel like the company never left. If that was not enough of a throwback, then the Surface Duo may be exclusive to AT&T in the US too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Duo-Leaked-marketing-renders-confirm-the-outdated-looks-of-Microsoft-s-upcoming-foldable.484973.0.html

Bezzle This

Don't want the device without the bezels, tbh. They give me more surface area for my palm while i'm out and about trying to write. And they also give me a place to rest my two thumbs without messing things up as I hold the device sideways and touch/tap on the bottom screen. Think about it.

Frodo

Quoteto add to the feeling of its outdatedness
Only authors on mobile tech websites care about whether a design "looks old" or not. As long as it's not packaged in poo, the users will mostly care about whether it works well or not.

JLThom

I dont understand the "exclusive carrier" deals today. it's like purposely limiting availability which hurts secondary marketing on multiple levels. and then you can truly judge consumer desire/demand. so hopefully MS will offer the Duo phone on its web site with a few perks.

Compared to the Z-Flip & Z-Fold2, yeah this is kinda "old tech" biz here. but the possibilities for a larger / tablet- or laptop-sized version begins to grow larger & larger.

Question: How would the user conduct phone calls on this dual screen device? I see a speaker (right side) near the camera/LED. does the screen open up & then can flip back like a 2-in-1 laptop?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview