News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS announces the world's first HDMI 2.1 4K gaming monitors

Started by Redaktion, August 05, 2020, 15:43:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new 4K Asus ROG gaming monitors come in 43-inch, 32-inch and 27-inch sizes, plus they offer full 48 Gbps HDMI 2.1 connections, unlike some TV brands that limit speeds to 40 Gbps. VRR up to 120 Hz and ALLM are also included, together with HDR. Pricing info is still unknown.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-announces-the-world-s-first-HDMI-2-1-4K-gaming-monitors.484211.0.html

Valantar

About time! That 27" version will have to compete with the (compelling, but possibly vaporware) Eve monitor, so it would need competitive pricing. Hoping the 32" follows suit, as it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Unless you have some sourcing for the latter claim about pricing, I'm very skeptical of the 43" being below $1000 though, considering previous ROG monitor prices. Their previous 43" monitors have varied from slightly above $1000 to something like $2000.

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: Valantar on August 05, 2020, 17:27:04
Unless you have some sourcing for the latter claim about pricing, I'm very skeptical of the 43" being below $1000 though, considering previous ROG monitor prices. Their previous 43" monitors have varied from slightly above $1000 to something like $2000.
I don't have a source, was just my guess. You are probably right though, but I don't see the price for the 43-inch model exceeding $1,000 by too much. I'm thinking $1,200 at most. I'd bet that the 32-incher would be the best here.

DF

About time.  Probably to be ready for new GPU's in a month.  Expect others to follow suit quickly as this has been a much needed change, particularly in anything close to 4K and high refresh.  DP 1.4 will actually be the slower connection for a year or two until it makes the next version common.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview