News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD embarrasses Intel with Ryzen 7 HP ProBook 455 G7 running 150 percent faster than the more expensive Core i7 ProBook 450 G7

Started by Redaktion, August 03, 2020, 03:50:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We all know AMD is having a field day against Intel with its latest family of Zen 2 CPUs, but we didn't think it could get this bad.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-embarrasses-Intel-with-Ryzen-7-HP-ProBook-455-G7-running-150-percent-faster-than-the-more-expensive-Core-i7-ProBook-450-G7.483882.0.html

cjrciadt

Ordered the 445 model with Ryzen 5 4650u 6c/12t cpu, too replace my 8250u cpu in a Flex 5. I picked the HP since the ram is actually upgradable! Many Ryzen model lack that option sadly.

kek

Ok, but this comparison makes no sense at all. Comet Lake is basically a copy-paste 8th gen refresh. This is almost like expecting something that old to win against something newer like Ryzen. The only reason Comet Lake is being used here is because they are the only 10th gen model with vPro.

Aside from that, no reason to pay more for Intel in this case. Comet Lake is copy-paste trash that shouldn't have been released in the first place.

chandrasekaran Srinivasan

A biased article how much vengeance these companies have against intel. ,Embrasses my foot.
Look at the transistor density and then talk.
Negative marketing by AMD and notebook chat eating leftover bread and bones.

rinnn

Quote from: kek on August 03, 2020, 06:14:23
Ok, but this comparison makes no sense at all. Comet Lake is basically a copy-paste 8th gen refresh. This is almost like expecting something that old to win against something newer like Ryzen. The only reason Comet Lake is being used here is because they are the only 10th gen model with vPro.

Aside from that, no reason to pay more for Intel in this case. Comet Lake is copy-paste trash that shouldn't have been released in the first place.

Still a fair comparison, especially at a price point of view. The cheaper ryzen destroying intel which is more expensive

pepoluan

Quote from: chandrasekaran Srinivasan on August 03, 2020, 06:14:56
A biased article how much vengeance these companies have against intel. ,Embrasses my foot.
No one in their right mind will select a laptop based on transistor density.

The FACT is that BOTH tested laptops are the same generation from HP, and the Intel version is both more expensive AND less performant.

Skeptron

Intel has never been known a value consumer product but a product for the rich and spoiled. RIP inutel. Thank you AMD for giving us a choice and value products for our hard earned money.

Rico Mico

Intel pays or gives benefits to a lot of brands, PC equipped with AMD almost always are offered with the medieval single channel memory. Why? A lot slower, specially on games.

It is clear: AMD is the top x86 brand; the last x86 chips...

robin12

If Intel has done such apple vs orange comparison, there would be 100s of news article and 1000s of youtube videos released bashing Intel. Just sayin...

Andri

and the comparison even not yet using the big boy ryzen 7-4800u
8c16t

only using 8c8t r7-4600u and intel already crushed at cheaper price,, when the bigboy 8c16t come, maybe intel must be tryin to go home this time.

Alex544

I too was annoyed when I saw "AMD shits on Intel" post #76 by NBC.
But then I realized it's necessary, because Intel still holds a great majority of the CPU market share. Need to get the word out that Intel CPUs are s*** in comparison to AMDs' atm so Intel will actually try and not put out 14nm++++++.

elektroroda

Raw performance means nothing. Many years will pass till red team is able to catch up in mobile world. I was using AMD latest cpu's laptops, and ended up always doing more work with Intel platform due to better optimized drivers and way batter battery life. Not to mention v-pro, a must have for businesses. Still, AMD finally brought something we have been waiting for years, and I hope it will stay on track.

john03082020

Quote from: kek on August 03, 2020, 06:14:23

What are you talking about? Intel and OEMs are pushing 10th Gen Intel CPUs as NEW 2020 models. The laptops that integrate them re sold as NEW 2020 models. Not to mention that these chips are pushed as good enough for 4K screens and hi end GPUs, while Renoir is artificially limited usually to Full HD and 2060 options.

So tech sites and reviewers should treat them as new.

john03082020

I bet when AMD was still at 28/32nm with pathetic APUs and Bulldozer CPUs, you where bragging about Intel's 22nm and 14nm technological superiority, little troll.

Cry.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview