News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Some Galaxy Note 8 users are unable to connect to mobile networks after installing the July 2020 Android security patch

Started by Redaktion, July 29, 2020, 10:08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users cannot connect to mobile networks after installing the July 2020 Android security patch. The phone refuses to detect a SIM card outright. An OTA update is required to fix the issue as standard troubleshooting steps don't seem to work. Samsung is yet to acknowledge the problem officially.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Some-Galaxy-Note-8-users-are-unable-to-connect-to-mobile-networks-after-installing-the-July-2020-Android-security-patch.483381.0.html

Karthik K J

On visiting the Samsung Authorised Service Centre in Mysore I was told the error was found with many Note 8 users from Bangalore region as well. However, to my surprise, the Service Engineer remarked that this problem is highly unlikely to be reversed and needs a motherboard replacement.

Chandu

Thank god someone brought up this issue in the mainstream media. We definitely need traction on this. I am facing the same issues. How can Samsung be so irresponsible and push out security updates to phones ('Flagship Phone' that too) without verifying and testing the update?

vikas

OMG that is atrocious, motherboard replacement samsung should take responsibility of their blunder we should drag them to consumer court for this

ratnesh kaurav

thanks for rising issue, i have already facing same issue , service center guy said mother board change may solve this issue. major problem for cuatomer no one listen.

B Nageswara Reddy

HI,

Got call from Samsung team,

they released the new patch for the note 8 issue. there are 2 options

1. you can visit the nearest Samsung service center and ask them to update the new firmware they will do it free of cost.
2. you can check your note 8 mobile Samsung members application notice you can find the solution. here also 2 things one you need to download the new firmware and connect your mobile to laptop and install firmware or wait for some time and keep looking the Samsung members notices you will get quick one step solution for the same.

Ali

well that is true also for Note 9, the touch screen is messing up big time after the update. I'm surprised why Samsung doesn't test the updates before releasing them? Instead of releasing a messy update and then asking users to wait for the patches. This has been happening every now and then..

We can't afford to have such a messed up phone atleast not a Galaxy Note.

MANOJ AYYAPPAN

Faced the same issue,went to authorised dealer and they said a mother board relacement may be the only solution...shouldnt we go to the consumer court against samsung for messing up the phones with their shoddy updates..

David Baker

i too am facing similar problems after downloading the july security patch. Samsung must acknowledge, and offer a solution asap, since we all depend on these devices.

Nbap

I just completed the July update so far so good. I can make calls and the software is working properly. I havent had a chance to test battery life.

Ma Pe

Hi guys, I'm from Canada and after the update my phone is having difficulties to get network signal and displays the message: "network not registered".
Hope Samsung does resolve the problem, or maybe we'll have to migrate to Aple...I would hate that...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview