News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2020: The 4K display suffers from PWM flickering

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2020, 12:33:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The optional 4K display for the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2020 improves the picture quality, but it has massive problems with PWM flickering. The screen also reduces the battery runtime of the mobile business notebook.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2020-The-4K-display-suffers-from-PWM-flickering.482623.0.html

MarkC

Most of these issues are not a problem on a MacBook Pro. I bought a X1Carbon before and returned it 3 times before giving up on it. Fans would not stop running. A simple YouTube video would get all fans spinning at max RPM. My iPad Pro and iPhone have no fans and don't heat up when watching a video on YouTube.

roeland

no. much other problems. dusplays. keyboards, touchbar.

no way a running fan for me would have me change my x1 for anything from apple.

Edwin

To answer the guy above who returned 3 x1 carbons due to fan issues and problems.  A simple repaste of the CPU, and a ThrottleStop undervolt of .75mv dropped my temps of 60-70 during normal usage to the 40s and very well manageable and the computer ran much snappier. 

I love my Brand new X1 Carbon with 4K screen, battery life isn't to bad either for a 4K model and it never gets hot again. 

FYI:  Been surfing Youtube, and Chrome for the last hour and my CPU is sitting at 41c with the power supply plugged in on better performance setting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview