News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Nokia 8.3, Nokia 7.3, and Nokia 6.3 all draw closer to release

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2020, 12:05:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HMD Global is set to launch a bunch of smartphones in the coming months. Of the lot, the Nokia 2.4, Nokia 6.3, Nokia 7.3, and Nokia 8.3 have all been spotted on certification websites, with the first three likely slated to be launched in the US and Canada.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Nokia-8-3-Nokia-7-3-and-Nokia-6-3-all-draw-closer-to-release.482838.0.html

Normand

Why is a behemoth like Nokia unable to manage production and taking so long to launch, when these 3-4 year old Chinese companies are launching a dozen models in a single month ? Please Nokia, people are waiting eagerly for the Nokia 8.3 with SD 765. Also, the 7.3 with SD 690 looks pretty interesting for the low price.

J.P.L.

Perfection takes time.

Anyone can build a cell phone and bring to market with very little knowledge.  Chip manufacturers create reference design boards when creating the chips.  They also supply the reference designs to companies that buy their chips.  Many of the "quick" companies are just building phones based on the reference designs from the chip manufacturer.  As long as you know the supply chains and have buckets full of cash, you can build phones too.

A company like Nokia uses the reference design as a starting point.  They  have custom hardware they implement into those designs.  They also refine and streamline the firmware and software to best suit the needs of the specific device.

Greg

I am going to miss not getting the Nokia 8.3.My wife phone was a LG g5.It was time to update the battery was shot. Back up battery shot also.I was trying to wait for The 8.3.I would hear soon it's coming,then it is delayed.I am sure I will be missing out on a great phone.I was forced to buy The Motorola edge at preorder for 499.00. who knows maybe next year I can get a Nokia for myself.Come on Nokia be first not last to produce a great product. :-[

Jasper

Well Im expecting 6.3 and 7.3 to be delayed. This is what usually happens. 8.3 has been launched many months ago and im expecting it on Sept

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview