News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The KDE Slimbook III is available now with a Ryzen 4800H in a thin body

Started by Redaktion, July 25, 2020, 05:07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The partnership between Slimbook, the Spanish laptop brand, and the opensource KDE project continues with the new KDE Slimbook III. Slimbook has chosen an OEM design that manages to fit H-series Ryzen 4000 processors into a thin and light 14-inch chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-KDE-Slimbook-III-is-available-now-with-a-Ryzen-4800H-in-a-thin-body.482802.0.html

46615161efef

Ehab

From the image it looks like it is based on the same Chinese configuration that the Schenker Via 15 Pro uses, I really wish they add some variety to these laptops (like a brighter screen or a better keyboard).

Like if that was true I don't see the appeal compared to other companies that offer the same device other than the price.

Craig Ward

Hi Ehab - Yes you are right it looks like a Tongfang chassis. Something that makes this model interesting is that Slimbook have opted for a Ryzen H-series rather than the U-series that most others seem to be putting in this chassis.

Anton P

The price on the KDE laptop is a bit higher than what I bought it from a local company with their own brand, which makes me think they're charging quiet a premium for it.
The price I paid in South Korea (Hansung brand) for exactly the same chassis was $200 USD cheaper, totalling around 800 USD for 16gb/512GB model with 4800H.
This is a good laptop overall, but honestly, the screen doesn't seem to be as good as advertised (I don't think it's 100% RGB and is a bit dimmer than 300 nits as fas as I can tell) and the keyboard is quiet poor. For the price I paid though, it's pretty great.
I would probably not buy it for the KDE Slim's price

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview