News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung's incoming Galaxy Tab S7 could drop Super AMOLED for an LCD display

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2020, 07:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the latest Galaxy Tab S7 leak, it appears the Korean company could be taking one step forward and two steps backwards with its latest slate. While the panel might now sport a 120 Hz refresh rate to match the iPad Pro 'Pro Motion' tech, it looks like it will step back to a cheaper LCD panel to deliver the new feature.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-incoming-Galaxy-Tab-S7-could-drop-Super-AMOLED-for-an-LCD-display.482801.0.html

S.Yu

Citing cost doesn't seem to make sense. The main difference between panels of different refresh rates should be the DDIC, and that shouldn't scale so dramatically from smartphone panels to tablet panels.

Sanjiv Sathiah

Think about it. The economies of scale shifting to 120 Hz for Super AMOLED tablet displays simply isn't there yet. If that isn't the reason for switching to LCD, what else could it be? Keen to hear your theory.

S.Yu

Quote from: Sanjiv Sathiah on July 24, 2020, 11:29:51
Think about it. The economies of scale shifting to 120 Hz for Super AMOLED tablet displays simply isn't there yet. If that isn't the reason for switching to LCD, what else could it be? Keen to hear your theory.
I put that in a confusing way. What I meant was, going to 120Hz from an existing panel shouldn't cost too much, however it's entirely possible that they wanted to cut costs in the first place, so moving to LCD achieves that, and...120Hz doesn't cost much on top of that.

Gaurav Chauhan

I don't like Super AMOLED screens due to their burn in issues, short life time and PULSE WIDTH MODULATION (PWM). Please review Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. Eager to buy it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview