News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A company hopes to pioneer a non-invasive continuous glucose monitor for wearable devices

Started by Redaktion, July 23, 2020, 18:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Movano wants to revolutionise the way people measure their glucose levels. Instead of the invasive or expensive methods that diabetics currently use, Movano is developing a solution that could be embedded within a conventional smartwatch.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-company-hopes-to-pioneer-a-non-invasive-continuous-glucose-monitor-for-wearable-devices.482772.0.html

Cozette Davis

A non-invasive device for CGM's would be welcomed by me. Finding a place to attach invasive devices becomes challenging with long term use.  :)

Diana H

I read this kind of stories every few weeks.I will believe when I see a prototype. I am using the FreeStyle Libre with the blucon nightrider and my cost of CGM is less than $1/ day becuase I can restart my Libre sensor and use it for 28 days instead of 14 days

Matt, Endocrinologist

Impressive development. They are planning to use RF to measure glucose, I will certainly buy it once it is available, I hope the solution will have the same or better MARD and I will be able to afford it. I tried many different CGMs like Dexcom G4/G5/G6(MARD 9.2%), Abbott's FreeStyle Libre(9.4%), Freestyle Libre Pro(12.4%), Senseonics's Eversense(8.5%, 2 calibrations), Guardian Connect CGM(8.7%, 3-4 calibrations) etc.. It's great to be non-invasive but at the same time it 1. Must be at least as accurate as popular CGM like Dexcom G6 or FreeStyle Libre, MARD <122. No more than 2 calibration in a day, 3. Must cost less than $2000/ year in the United States and $1000/year in other countries

Cost is important otherwise insurance companies will not reimburse it and cash patients are enough to sustain the product in the market. Most people I know use FreeStyle Libre from Abbott with Ambrosia's NightRider BluCon system which costs about $2000 in the United States while costs less than $1000 in Europe, and $500 in asia

A

I can imagine that in the following years, we'd all be wearing smart devices that will keep 24/7 check on our health for hundreds if not thousands of possible medical conditions. We are getting there little by little.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview