News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A new leak may supply more evidence of 5G for the Pixel 4a

Started by Redaktion, July 21, 2020, 19:38:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Recently, a leak indicating that Google would release a 5G version of the long-anticipated mid-range Pixel 4a phone came to light. Now, XDA contributors claim to have found references to a device from this OEM with the same connectivity in a mobile virtual network operator's (MVNO) records. Should this be the case, it seems the 4a (5G) is coming to the US, at least.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-new-leak-may-supply-more-evidence-of-5G-for-the-Pixel-4a.482537.0.html

asdlfk

I am not really excited about Pixel features locked behind 5G price bump.

davidm

i really think people miss what's happening with the Pixel phones. Google's product is its advertising platform. The Pixel phones are there to help shape the market and for the Google faithful, who want the earliest, deepest access to their emerging platform, without the issues of other vendors. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Google intentionally limits some hardware releases so they aren't too competitive, to be friendly to other vendors, since those vendors otherwise might want to abandon Android or Google Services. I sincerely doubt Google makes any planning for the release of their handsets to other devices, especially a non substantial competitor like OnePlus, they probably prefer to make room for them since other Android handsets (with Google services) contribute to the Google market share. Their release planning is probably more synergistic than competitive, which is not particularly consumer friendly, since they could have released a Pixel 4 with adequate battery life, or a 4A with a wide camera (which it seems they are not doing, even though it should be expected) and have a near-perfect device of the time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview