News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 4700G Vega 8 iGPU overclocked to a stunning 2.4 GHz, nearly matches the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 in 3DMark Fire Strike

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2020, 14:58:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaked benchmarks over on the Chiphell forums paint a positive picture of AMD's upcoming Ryzen 7 4700G APU. Once overclocked, the APU's Vega 8 integrated GPU delivered 3DMark Fire Strike performance that wasn't too far off from the discrete GeForce GTX 1050 and leaked Intel Xe DG1 scores.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-4700G-Vega-8-iGPU-overclocked-to-a-stunning-2-4-GHz-nearly-matches-the-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-in-3DMark-Fire-Strike.482387.0.html

dksajdas

You know what, I'll throw away my 2080ti and get a 4700G, overclock it to 10Ghz and call it a day. It seems like this CPU is good for everything. It probably make babies also.

Jonh Cassey

2020 - 1050
2021- 1050ti
2022- 1070
Just a prediction, but seems to me that these igpus are quite capable of taking midtier gpus out of the game, at least until they bottleneck the ddr5, wich with rapid lithography development other markets demand should happen quiet fast.

JS

Quote from: dksajdas on July 20, 2020, 16:27:32
You know what, I'll throw away my 2080ti and get a 4700G, overclock it to 10Ghz and call it a day. It seems like this CPU is good for everything. It probably make babies also.

Aweee looks like an NV/INTEL fan boi is hurt over their purchase of one of the worst value GPUs in the last couple decades and hates that AMD is crushing Intel, and likely soon NV.

Venkataramana K

Use your semen as thermal paste.

JonathanX64

Quote from: JS on July 21, 2020, 07:25:43

Aweee looks like an NV/INTEL fan boi is hurt over their purchase of one of the worst value GPUs in the last couple decades and hates that AMD is crushing Intel, and likely soon NV.

Or is it? RTX GPUs are the only ones on the market with support for DX12 Ultimate, which means they are the only ones to run games of the future, on par with Xbox Series X and maybe sometimes even a bit better.
I'm not saying RTX 2080 Ti is a good value GPU, but it's a good futureproof GPU, unlike, say, 5700 XT.

deksman2

Quote from: Jonh Cassey on July 20, 2020, 23:31:45
2020 - 1050
2021- 1050ti
2022- 1070
Just a prediction, but seems to me that these igpus are quite capable of taking midtier gpus out of the game, at least until they bottleneck the ddr5, wich with rapid lithography development other markets demand should happen quiet fast.

Actually, if AMD starts using HBM2 (or better) in APU's, then they will have more than enough bandwidth.

The reworked Vega (which seems to be equivalent to NAVI) in Zen 2 is really showing its strength on both mobile and desktop.
On desktop its a lot more powerful mainly because the APU has access to more power.

I doubt AMD will start using NAVI in Zen 3... but starting with Zen 4 or Zen 5, they might begin using RDNA 2 (which reportedly has 50% more performance per watt).
Add to that 5nm (which will be used for Zen 4), more compute units, etc, and AMD might actually surpass Vega 56/1070.

It really depends on how technology will evolve.
Both Ampere and RDNA 2 look to be pretty powerful... but AMD may have the manuf. process advantage (and the fact they can produce CPU's too... so they can make APU's and further eat into NV's low-end/mid-end share).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview