News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ARE05 in review: A lot of computing power in a compact case

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2020, 05:36:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's mobile 14-inch laptop scores points with a powerful APU, an NVMe SSD, and a successful keyboard (backlit). The battery life is very good too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14ARE05-in-review-A-lot-of-computing-power-in-a-compact-case.481703.0.html

EzioAs

There is an 16GB RAM version of this right? I would buy one if it's available because I really need to change my work laptop soon.

Worldliner

Finally there's someone checking the performance under different power options... That should be done for all laptop reviews, since almost every manufacturer has introduced that function. Lenovo has fn+q, Dell has fn+t, MSI has fn+f5, etc.

Dude supreme

According to laptopmedia both nvme slots cannot be used simultaneously. Could you possibly test whether they can?

Prac Malone

Quote from: Dude supreme on July 20, 2020, 12:09:24
According to laptopmedia both nvme slots cannot be used simultaneously. Could you possibly test whether they can?

Would like to know this too - getting contradictory information on websites and forums so far

jenbot

Quote from: Prac Malone on July 22, 2020, 10:44:51
Quote from: Dude supreme on July 20, 2020, 12:09:24

Would like to know this too - getting contradictory information on websites and forums so far

i just got mine 2 days ago and installed a second ssd into it immediately, both work simultaneously without issue so far

nwfall

Is it possible to install m.2 sata ssd (m&b-key) into the 2280 m.2 slot?
m-key specification allows sata ssd's but I can't find any information on this laptop. Can anyone test it?

Mario Galelli

Muhammad Kamran

If someone is wondering, I was able to install Fedora Linux 34 (with Gnome 40) and everything worked out of the box such as touchpad, bluetooth, wifi etc. the only thing that did not work was the fingerprint sensor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview