News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy Watch Active 2: Nearly two months on, the ECG-tracking function has yet to reach users in various markets

Started by Redaktion, July 17, 2020, 21:07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung promoted the Galaxy Watch Active 2 as a health-focused wearable that would rival the Apple Watch series thanks to its in-built medical-grade electrocardiography (ECG). However, the function was disabled at its launch. This is not the case any more; however, German and Austrian users are reportedly still waiting for their access to this feature.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-Watch-Active-2-Nearly-two-months-on-the-ECG-tracking-function-has-yet-to-reach-users-in-various-markets.481709.0.html

Judith Foley

I bought this watch for my son who is a severe epileptic back at the beginning of February. We were told the fall-down feature would be available by the end of February. We are still waiting for this to happen. We urgently need this feature as without it my son's life is in danger.

OLIVIER GAILLARD

Stop wait that fonctionnality. If your son fall today, don't blame the watch, but yourself ! Go buy a specific product with real medical specifications. And expect nothing from brand like Xiaomu, Samsung or Apple . Their markets are healthy people, who want entertain, no real people in the need.

Jen

I bought the galaxy 2 watch because of the ECG being promised to work within a few months. I'm very disappointed in Samsung for not introducing  this app sooner, and not getting it up and running in all Countries where the watch is sold. I feel I was misled by Samsung, and regret buying the watch. Not everyone can just upgrade the watch to the 3rd generation, as they are quite expensive. I purchased mine at the end of 2019, and expected the ECG to be working by the Spring at least. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing the watch, as I wanted that option on it. Hope they sort it out soon.

Mary W

I bought watch for fall, ecg, n bp features that I'm still waiting for. When are they coming  if ever. If not, can you tell me how to get a refund for a watch that has stated false features? Need the money to switch to Apple watch!

Peter Fradiani

if this fetcher is not available. I want a refund for this watch. I'm done with Samsung! Back to Apple.

A

Going through the FDA and other such agencies is a big mess. There is a reason why things can take sometimes even 10+ years to get approval. It is way outside of Samsung's hands unless they bought sensors that were already preapproved. And with coronavirus a lot of these agencies are putting resources elseswhere.

Jen

They should have never promised these features if they hadn't been approved. There is no excuse! This is false advertising, and that's all there is to it.

Jen

Just read the specs for the upcoming release of the new Galaxy active 3..surprise surprise! It will have the ECG function. So, we were tricked in to buying the active 2 ...false advertising..very disappointed 😔.

ashlward

Quote from: Judith Foley on July 18, 2020, 09:12:32
I bought this watch for my son who is a severe epileptic back at the beginning of February. We were told the fall-down feature would be available by the end of February. We are still waiting for this to happen. We urgently need this feature as without it my son's life is in danger.

Please don't put anyone's life on the line for a smart watch. Isn't there something else you can buy specifically for what he needs?

Michael Lee

Bought my Active 2 in 2019, and still waiting for ECG update. I'm done with Samsung's promise to string the buyers along. Fitbit Sense, here I come. Fitbit sense comes with ECG at launch in September 25th, there's NO promise for ECG for Samsung Watch3 - get Watch3 if you want to wait for another year...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview