News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Amazon India will require sellers to display 'country of origin' on every product listing by August 10

Started by Redaktion, July 16, 2020, 18:47:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Following a directive issued by the Indian Trade Ministry, Amazon has made it mandatory for all sellers to mention its 'country of origin' on every product listing. Sellers have until August 10 to comply. Other platforms, such as Flipkart, are expected to follow suit in the coming days.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Amazon-India-will-require-sellers-to-display-country-of-origin-on-every-product-listing-by-August-10.481572.0.html

S.Yu

Quite reasonable. In fact wasn't this the norm for decades?
FAR better than a privileged stamp of "black owned" only for businesses of blacks, which is blatantly racist for all non-blacks.

Whamzer9000

^^^
Not really. I think "Black-owned" is just a way of giving back to your community. Considering how densely Black Americans live? For sure... It's like saying "fresh from a farm near you". When shopping, you vote with your wallet: so this becomes a vote for prosperity of your neighbor.

A "made-in-China" stamp, however, is blatantly political. "You'll know the false shepherd by the mark on his hand".
I don't think this is the way to beat the Chinese manufacturers, but could prove a vital first step.

S.Yu

Quote from: Whamzer9000 on July 17, 2020, 06:18:25
^^^
Not really. I think "Black-owned" is just a way of giving back to your community. Considering how densely Black Americans live? For sure... It's like saying "fresh from a farm near you". When shopping, you vote with your wallet: so this becomes a vote for prosperity of your neighbor.

A "made-in-China" stamp, however, is blatantly political. "You'll know the false shepherd by the mark on his hand".
I don't think this is the way to beat the Chinese manufacturers, but could prove a vital first step.
If you put it this way though latinos may want to give back to the latino community, Asians may want to give back to the Asian community, especially considering how Asians often draw the shortest straw in "positive discrimination" maneuvers.
The Made in *Country* stamp originated in Europe as a way to distinguish then unreliable German products, and the whole world took on this practice, and requiring all listings to disclose their origins is very little change to the status quo, more importantly, everybody is held to an equal standard.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview