News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

iPhone 12 may cost US$50 or more than iPhone 11 and this is without EarPods, wall charger and now, significantly reduced battery capacity

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2020, 17:16:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Analyst Jeff Pu predicts that the upcoming iPhone 12 may start at a US$50 higher base price compared to the iPhone 11 owing to the inclusion of 5G and transition to an OLED display. This price rise is despite the fact that the iPhone 12 is not expected to include EarPods and a wall charger in the box. Further adding to the chagrin of prospective buyers is the fact that the iPhone 12 lineup may sport significantly smaller batteries than the corresponding iPhone 11 variants.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/iPhone-12-may-cost-US-50-or-more-than-iPhone-11-and-this-is-without-EarPods-wall-charger-and-now-significantly-reduced-battery-capacity.481190.0.html

_MT_

While it's true that 5G and OLED are going to cost something (there is also the rumored increase in base storage), you're forgetting that iPhone 12 is going to be a much smaller device than iPhone 11. It's going to be a successor to the standard 8. Smaller phones are priced lower. So, 12 Max should be priced like 11 with all else equal and 12 should be cheaper. Sure, they can do this. But it's hardly a question of cost, especially if they were to cut charger and headphones. The only reason I can think of is making space for a 4G version so they can maintain separation from SE. And, of course, padding their margins.

It's a similar story with the cell. 11 should be compared to 12 Max. Not the base 12. A much smaller phone. Smaller phones are smaller, imagine that, offering less space for a cell. They also consume less power, especially if they also have lower resolution. So, they don't need as big a cell.

Anonymous

Originally I was very excited to learn that apple is finally producing a smaller phone that people were screaming for. Smaller phone, good battery life at $649 would be the perfect phone.

However, with the recent leaks, I've had to remind myself that the days of Steve Jobs are long gone and they're there to make a profit and not the perfect product. It wasn't ideal that they're removing the wall charger and headphones but something that could be stomached at $649. However, for $749 and a 30% battery reduction, its taking the p*ss. If factoring for AirPods and etc., the whole product would actually be over $900 and at this current climate, that's unrealistic. Touché to Apple's pricing/marketing team for yet another scam.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview