News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review of the LG Gram 15 Laptop: featherlight 15-inch laptop with a great display

Started by Redaktion, July 12, 2020, 22:53:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While many manufacturers are trying to make their laptops extremely thin, LG is pursuing a different goal. The 15-inch device weighs a little more than a kilogramme. Read our review to learn about the advantages and disadvantages that arise from this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-of-the-LG-Gram-15-Laptop-featherlight-15-inch-laptop-with-a-great-display.481034.0.html

Jesse

Disappointed in three things immediately.   

The display should be 1900x1200.

The numpad should be full size with a standard double wide zero, and double height Enter and Plus keys.  If you can't do a proper numpad, leave it off the spec sheet and center the damn keyboard!

The display should NEVER be glossy ever again.   Yay, great, it is bright enough to be used outside.  But OOPS, we made it glossy so you can't use it outside, or even with a window behind you in the office.  Complete FAIL.

I keep wanting to like LG laptops, but they keep making the same mistakes.

Worldliner

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT: it used to be stretched from the 13.3inch version. That's no longer the fact anymore. Now it is stretched from the 14inch version. A huge leap, isn't that?

michael larimore

Had Dell xps 13, loved it for travel, but screen too small for browsing. 
Got the predecessor LG Gram with some trepidation.  Love it now.  Much easier to read and so light that my wife and i can pass it back and forth.  Also durable.  I did have to upgrade my carryon to fit the larger laptop.
All-In-All very happy with my upgrade.  Much better browsing at home in my chair or at the dinner table and very good portability for travel.  Could use a matte screen, but tilting the screen works well...

Joe H

I agreed with Jesse. Why a glossy screen? Is it less expensive? a bright matte screen seems to work in all scenarios, so why did LG choose a glossy display that limits where you can use the laptop?

Numberpad should be standard as well. and more vertical height would be great! The next gen LG Gram will have 1200p apparently.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview