News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Bravo 17: AMD counters Intel and Nvidia

Started by Redaktion, July 11, 2020, 05:51:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you're looking for as much CPU power as possible in the price range below 1,500 Euros (~$1,696), the MSI Bravo 17 is exactly the right choice. The 17-inch gaming laptop is powered by the lightning-fast octa-core Ryzen 7 4800H.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Bravo-17-AMD-counters-Intel-and-Nvidia.480570.0.html

LL

Why they did not put a Nvidia in the thing? do they not know it is necessary to be used in several render engines...
They are losing artists that work in 3D

deksman2

Quote from: LL on July 11, 2020, 10:14:01
Why they did not put a Nvidia in the thing? do they not know it is necessary to be used in several render engines...
They are losing artists that work in 3D

Actually, I'm an artist that works in 3D and I'm using Acer Helios 500 PH517-61 with Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56 (all AMD laptop) just fine.

Render engines aren't necessarily NV specific... and they DO work with AMD's OpenCL (which is more than capable).

Devs choose to primarily code software to take advantage of CUDA because NV pays them to do so (otherwise, OpenCL is just as capable and an open standard that runs on BOTH NV and AMD).

However, without more AMD options on the market we won't get devs to properly optimize for AMD and ergo, you continue to perpetuate the (false) myth that you need NV to do 3D.

Blender works fine in making use of AMD GPU for rendering.
3d Studio Max does too (and AMD has released its own rendering engine for 3d Studio Max and a lot of Autodesk products).
On top of that, Adobe works fine in latest versions with AMD cpu's and GPU's.

I'm actually sad that MSI hadn't used 5600M or 5700M to pair with 4800H... because those GPU's are MORE than powerful enough to take on RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 while having same or better efficiency.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview