News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 3 11IGL05 laptop review: Quiet, efficient, and slow convertible

Started by Redaktion, July 07, 2020, 13:50:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A laptop without fans can be an amazing thing, especially for people who are sensitive to noise. But Lenovo makes too many compromises with the extremely affordable convertible IdeaPad Flex 3 11IGL05. In the end, it is simply too slow, even for its low price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-3-11IGL05-laptop-review-Quiet-efficient-and-slow-convertible.478815.0.html

DavidC1

What's wrong with you?

It's a $300(BestBuy US), weighs only 2.5 lbs and its a convertible with 10 hours of battery life.

It's perfectly justifiable for its price. At $300, most people will expect high end games not to run, so that's a moot point.

And you gave a 78% score. That's way above a pass for score. And for the performance while the benchmark scores are low I bet the performance is acceptable for many light workloads that people use.

skoda9635

Please, review BMAX Y13. It's great and for the same price it has SSD 128 GB, USB-C only, beautiful IPS panel which is also a touchscreen and slightly better but still fanless N4100.

S.Yu

Uh-oh, you put "fanless" and "slow" in the same sentence, somebody's gonna come to haunt you about not installing Linux :)

kdasjkdjas

Quote from: DavidC1 on July 07, 2020, 14:28:46
What's wrong with you?

It's a $300(BestBuy US), weighs only 2.5 lbs and its a convertible with 10 hours of battery life.

It's perfectly justifiable for its price. At $300, most people will expect high end games not to run, so that's a moot point.

And you gave a 78% score. That's way above a pass for score. And for the performance while the benchmark scores are low I bet the performance is acceptable for many light workloads that people use.
If it were an AMD laptop, it would receive high praises...
Nevertheless, this would be very nice with Lakefield.

S.Yu

Quote from: DavidC1 on July 07, 2020, 14:28:46
What's wrong with you?

I think I see your handle from time to time on this site, you do realize 78% is already very low for NBC? I don't think I've ever noticed a device <70% on this site. That said, the scores are all based on product segments largely defined by their form factors not prices, so low end products are definitely gonna be rated low.

A Hattu

This Lenovo may not be a fast roadrunner, but compared to my earlier Acer R13 with a Mediatek CPU runs smoother and faster.
Mine also has two full USB-C ports, besides 2 USB-A 3.0. Sorry yours is missing them. So for me a very Best Buy door 300 € for the tasks I want to fulfill.

yusuf

This Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 3 11IGL05 is 4GB RAM and 256 GB SSD and cost US$300 in Indonesia

DavidC1

Quote from: S.Yu on July 07, 2020, 15:47:34I think I see your handle from time to time on this site, you do realize 78% is already very low for NBC? I don't think I've ever noticed a device <70% on this site. That said, the scores are all based on product segments largely defined by their form factors not prices, so low end products are definitely gonna be rated low.

I'm attacking both the faults in their rating system and that the product is rated bad because they don't seem to understand how buyers think.

If you are satisfied with a $300 device such as this, more power to you! And at this price it doesn't take much.

S.Yu

Quote from: DavidC1 on July 08, 2020, 17:19:28
Quote from: S.Yu on July 07, 2020, 15:47:34I think I see your handle from time to time on this site, you do realize 78% is already very low for NBC? I don't think I've ever noticed a device <70% on this site. That said, the scores are all based on product segments largely defined by their form factors not prices, so low end products are definitely gonna be rated low.

I'm attacking both the faults in their rating system and that the product is rated bad because they don't seem to understand how buyers think.

If you are satisfied with a $300 device such as this, more power to you! And at this price it doesn't take much.
A rating works as long as it's fair, so from that perspective as long as other devices in the segment are similarly low, comparisons can be drawn, and NBC's raw data matters far more than scores anyway.
If a score fluctuates due to price then it may have to fluctuate with real time market price, because different companies and different models have different approaches to pricing, which would drastically complicate the rating system.

TonySpoons

CJ

This article seems rather biased from the get go. I've had this laptop for a few weeks now and have been pleasantly surprised. However, I did get the version preloaded with Windows S10. S10 wasn't ideal for me and I ended up just switching over to regular Windows 10. You get what you pay for this laptop. It's not flashy whatsoever but there are so many tweaks on Windows 10 alone to make this computer run faster. I have not had any problems whatsoever and have been rather pleased with the performance so far. It takes care of things well beyond my expectations. This is a cheap laptop that's great for a student, a web surfer, streamer, and clerical type work. It won't be good for a gamer. Storage isn't the best there are options to get a heck of a lot more. I wanted something cheap and I'm more than pleased with this. If you don't to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a laptop that takes care of basic needs then this is the answer right here.

Eric Young

This is quite a nice laptop for students. the Kompanio 500 processor inside really makes thigs efficient

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview