News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PS5 random pricing in Nielsen survey could indicate that Sony has plans to price the PlayStation 5 consoles at an irresistible point

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2020, 01:55:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Reddit user has offered up an interesting insight into what Sony's plans could be in regard to the PS5 price. It's arguably one of the most crucial factors for the manufacturer to decide on, as Microsoft has more leverage in this key area. A Nielsen survey suggested random pricing that could give an idea of how the PlayStation 5 might be priced.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PS5-random-pricing-in-Nielsen-survey-could-indicate-that-Sony-has-plans-to-price-the-PlayStation-5-consoles-at-an-irresistible-point.479645.0.html

Anand solanki

sir you are doing well job. but some people have games. and some people don't and i also i don't have anygames in my life
plz give me bro i hope you will..
have great day

Rombout Versluijs

I still don't understand the benefit of digital download. The moment you buy, your money is GONE! Vs physical game, you can resell it. Digital isn't cheaper and there is no other bonus.

Abc

Ian Stanier

I know that your money is gone when buying digital only, but do yall really think that they wont come out with a overpriced external ps5 optical drive that you can plug in via usb so that sony can squeeze all the money out of its consumers that just want the digital only version. That's why i'm probably gonna get the digital version just cuz if i really wanna get a disc ill just put it in my ps4 for the meantime.

ZODD

Quote from: Ian Stanier on July 05, 2020, 13:01:12
I know that your money is gone when buying digital only, but do yall really think that they wont come out with a overpriced external ps5 optical drive that you can plug in via usb so that sony can squeeze all the money out of its consumers that just want the digital only version. That's why i'm probably gonna get the digital version just cuz if i really wanna get a disc ill just put it in my ps4 for the meantime.

Yeah thats just dumb logic.
Why would they if you can already buy version that takes physical discs, and why buy a digital first only to buy a external drive later?
What are you 12 years old.

Donald Jackson

I personally think digital is the way to go. Yes it's your game forever which I like. But you also get 2 copies essentially for the price of one. A friend and I usually split new titles so I pay $30 for a game. Otherwise I'm catching games on under $20 sales all the time. If it's a title you can wait a year on, sometimes you can snag it for $9.99 and that's not splitting the price with a friend.

AJH

Errrr No

This is NOT an irresistible price! £500 was the astronomical worst case scenario... It does not make £400 cheap!

I wonder who even started that £500 rumour hmmm?

Sony are crooked fucks.

Luckdunk

I feel the digital version will really sell well, especially internationally. International customers have to pay shipping fees and customs for physical games (and added gifts, both which are usually expensive) but have just the cost of the game to pay for when its digital. Yeah there's the cost of internet, but in internets getting cheaper everywhere, and cost wise, it's cheaper.

Trancexplant

I hate to be there bearer of bad news, but one survey example doesn't mean much of anything. The entire purpose of a survey like that is to figure out what potential customers are willing to pay. So it presents a variety of price combinations - some lower, some higher, with different gaps between blu-ray and digital versions - to measure how those price points affect intent to purchase across the entire sample of respondents. So there isn't much point in placing importance on the specific numbers shown above.

Ricki

Getting digital really isn't that bad I do it for PC all the time seems most console players are still unsure on it, on my PS4 of my 70 odd games only 20 are physical if the price point is 100-150 cheaper it's worth it, also they already said you can format any external HDD from the PS4 for PS4 games to work on the PS5, and said when the nvme SSDs that are compatible at the PS5s speed and performance levels needed release they can be installed in it to replace the  stock one inside it is with the PS4 and Pro variants hell I've still got my launch PS4 and within a week installed a 2TB in it.

Billy

If PS5 is set for a 500 buck release they gonna sell out quick. Also will only need the digital version all these peeps talking bout resale of a used disk ,maybe get 10 bucks back for. But the real benefit of digital is sharing. Me and my brother split all games down the middle. His ps is activated as mine and mine is activated as his. Now we share all games. Never pay full price is actually pretty badass and in terms of all the bad things that happen to make that one disk. Pollution, waste material, who knows what by products comes from producing that meaning disk for one game that in 10 years will be in a dumb wasting space an polluting earth for thousands of years

Justins21482

I'm already ready and aware that between the system and all the hardware, ill likely be dropping a grand on the system come launch day and debating on getting a second one for my 8yr old nephew for Christmas. Id likely get the digital version for him and the physical version for myself. Im nearly 40 and still very much in love with physical media for collecting lol. Either way any of us look at it, im beyond excited for the ps5. Xbox will likely be the last thing I buy as I've decided on playing all their first party titles on my pc. It seems this generation, Microsoft doesn't care where yoy play their games so long as you play them lol. Im ok with this.

JUSTIN

I would even pay the same if the digital was somehow upgraded in a different way whether space or whatever it may be. We pay $1400 a year for a phobe. To complain about console price that you get 7 years out of at that point is nonsense.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview