News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo updates the 16:10 IdeaPad S540-13 laptop with AMD Ryzen 4000

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2020, 01:36:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has quietly updated one of the most interesting consumer laptops made by the Chinese company in the last year: The Lenovo IdeaPad S540, which sports a screen in the rare 16:10 aspect ratio. The new version S540-13ARE sports AMD Ryzen 4000. The catch: It is not available in the USA, at least for now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-updates-the-16-10-IdeaPad-S540-13-laptop-with-AMD-Ryzen-4000.479644.0.html

Dobby

Interesting choices. I would have preferred a FHD 400 nit screen to QHD 300 nit one on a 13" laptop, and the lack of any biometric authentication is a potential drawback. Also wish this was a 2-in-1 Yoga instead of an Ideapad, since there's already HP Envy x360 13" with AMD 4000 on the market and that's a big hit.

At the end, performance and price will determine consumer reception. No doubt the 16:10 display will initially draw some folks, but ultimately the cooling design is the real key to convincing people like me to buy an AMD laptop.

Worldliner

Performance is exactly where it stands out. It's cooling solution allows the CPU to run at 37.5w under performance mode -- probably better than any other 13.3 inch notebook.

Daniel Ridenhour

Any 16x10 or 3x2 aspect (or even 4x3 which doesn't exist anymore) screens in the market are a good thing.  The whole lets turn computers into glorified wide screen 16x9 TV screens is such a waste.     Add in a 4800u option and it gets damn interesting.    But alas I'm in the states,  but I will say I won't be buying another 16x9 notebook if i can help it.    Right now the 3:2 aspect Acer Spin 5 13.5 is high on my list.   Hope its in your review pipeline. 

Mate

#1 - Yes, it dont have fingerprint scanner but it has IR camera for Windows Hello.

InstallGentoo

Souparno Roy

Finally it is getting the Ryzen 4000 chipset. I was planning to buy the Intel version, I won't mind waiting another couple of months for this to be available in India. But I've certain doubts in my mind. Will Lenovo dump the QHD screen for a less fascinating FHD screen, just like Acer did it with it's Swift 3 Ryzen 4000 variant? Also, looking forward to a very comprehensive review from you guys. Good luck.               

Yatra

Yes!!! Great specs
I would trade the QHD 300 nits with an FHD 400/500 though but 300nits isn't enough when traveling.
Bad webcam again looks like. (720p seriously).
If thermal is good (no throttling) and better screen, that's my next laptop.
There is a reference for France so let's wait...

greg

Where are those specs listed? I keep seeing bite click titles here but no actual spec sheets? Same happened with yoga slim 7. There is no model with 4800u cpu. More bite click bullshit.

Tjd

Quote from: greg on July 05, 2020, 13:25:37
Where are those specs listed? I keep seeing bite click titles here but no actual spec sheets? Same happened with yoga slim 7. There is no model with 4800u cpu. More bite click bullshit.
Why so angry? There's literally a source in the article (PSREF) from which you can also find a Yoga Slim 7 model with the 4800u.

Bite click, lol  ;D

neblogai

For anyone interested in this laptop, specs and performance- you can see it reviewed in Chinese. Just search youtube for '4800U pro 13' (that is how it is named there), and use autotranslate. Overall- the specs are good, and performance is stellar- but I would want a 400+Nits screen- so if Lenovo does not come up with it, HP X360 13 with the 400Nits screen option is preferable for me.

Dtrdrk

And again no hyperthreating cpu choices in germany as on the yoga slim 7.
Im getting skeptical with lenovo - they keep on announcing amazing products but never release them. same with the yoga slim 7.... customer support told me its just a month away. for around four months.... its getting tiresome and is not very helpful in terms of lenovos reputation at all.

Aegis

Just a side note: Despite the great spec, Ideapad is still the consumer lineup of Lenovo, so don't expect Thinkpad (which is the business lineup) level build quality and QC.

Craigosh

Not available in the UK either, with the new 4000 amd prcessors anyway, which is a shame.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview