News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2020 Review: Familiar business laptop with a new power adapter

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2020, 16:02:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo shows the 8th generation of its business flagship ThinkPad X1 Carbon. However, it is just a very small update and it looks like you only get a new Intel Comet Lake-U processor at first. AMD processors are not planned for this generation of the expensive business notebook.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2020-Review-Familiar-business-laptop-with-a-new-power-adapter.478942.0.html

cosine

That looks suspiciously like Dell's power supply!

(and that I have been using for my T480, because it is nice than the original Levono).

PMX

I'm fed up with this panel lottery  >:(

You pay over 2000 USD and you can't be even sure what you will get.

16GB LPDDR3 with no 32GB or more LP/DDR4 option...

Modern Thinkpad model range is ridiculous. One gets to choose between good displays coupled with midrange at best hardware, and appropriate high-end hardware and poor displays. Every update cycle the situation remains the same, Lenovo continues to s*** on Thinkpad legacy of truly high-end machines.

m3h

Why would Lenovo choose to compromise its top tier laptop lineup with PWM? Even if it is like 100 000Hz and only below 10%, there is always a human factor.

Mirek

It's very sad to see what Lenovo is doing with ThinkPad series. PWM in a laptop designed for work is not acceptable in my opinion (especially in such expensive device).
Another thing I would like to point out is your rating system, in my opinion, it should consider PWM as a factor. If such laptop gets 90% something is very wrong.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview