News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker VIA 15 Pro: A 15.6-inch Renoir laptop with up to an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 64 GB of RAM, a 2 TB SSD and a 91 Wh battery

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2020, 14:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Schenker has announced the VIA 15 Pro, a 15.6-inch Renoir laptop with a 91 Wh battery. The device features either the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H or Ryzen 7 4800H and is freely configurable up to 64 GB of RAM and 2 TB of storage. The 1.4 kg laptop is estimated to start shipping from the end of August.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-VIA-15-Pro-A-15-6-inch-Renoir-laptop-with-up-to-an-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800H-64-GB-of-RAM-a-2-TB-SSD-and-a-91-Wh-battery.479001.0.html

Mario Rodrigues

_MT_

Quote from: Mario Rodrigues on July 03, 2020, 23:51:45
I believe the author meant to say 'discrete-class' graphics as there is no discrete GPU option.
I think the author meant to say that unlike many of their laptops, this one doesn't have a dedicated GPU. And simply made a mistake. It does happen that people screw up negatives and end up expressing something else than what they meant.

A

Wibblutte

Only a good purchase if it has USB-C charging+thunderbolt.
I'd also -very- much like to see dual channel 3200MHz memory.
1080p at 15.6 inches is more than enough, thanks. Don't waste our time.

Petr

QuoteOnly a good purchase if it has USB-C charging+thunderbolt.
I'd also -very- much like to see dual channel 3200MHz memory.
1080p at 15.6 inches is more than enough, thanks. Don't waste our time.
From the specs on bestware.com, it has 3200 MHz dual channer memory and USB-C PD. IMHO thunderbolt with AMD processor in laptop is not possible.

RinzImpulse

TechTablets on Youtube has already made his first impression about this laptop, though, It's under Mechrevo name. But they're from the same OEM, so it should be pretty similar. Battery life was incredible, he said that the 91 Wh can give 12 hours of life, so that's that.

w4w84rg8w4g84w84r84wg8w

THAT machine might veeeeeeeery good competition for incoming Thinkpad T14/15 with AMD.

Please make test ASAP and make comparisson between thinkpad T14 AMD gen1 and this laptop with similar spec.

I suggest Ryzen 7, 32GB RAM in dual channel, 1TB SSD.

Make special attention to comparing tuxedo screen against 400 nit low power screen in thinkpad and compare touchpad and keyboard !

Finally something worth buying in 2020

THUMB UP Tuxedo.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview