News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leak confirms AMD Ryzen 4000 "Vermeer" Zen 3 and 7 nm processors are in the final stages of development; AMD sticking with Vega GPUs for Renoir successor, moving onto Navi GPUs as of Van Gogh

Started by Redaktion, June 30, 2020, 20:17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD Ryzen 4000 "Vermeer" processors are in the final stages of development, igor'sLAB has confirmed. The Zen 3 processors will be joined next year by "Cezanne", the successor to the current Renoir architecture. AMD is sticking with Vega GPUs for Ryzen 5000 mobile processors; expect a Navi switch up as of Van Gogh processors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leak-confirms-AMD-Ryzen-4000-Vermeer-Zen-3-and-7-nm-processors-are-in-the-final-stages-of-development-AMD-sticking-with-Vega-GPUs-for-Renoir-successor-moving-onto-Navi-GPUs-as-of-Van-Gogh.478562.0.html

Feadurn

I didn't understand anything about that news. Between all theses codenames and overlapping in GPU - CPU - APU, it is a mess.
I think you should do like a table or something, because right now, it is really confusing.

Don Seguin

8&8

Cezanne will use 20 CU /Vega 20 but what about VCN 2.0 DCN 2.0 GCN6.0 exc. and how much VRAM DDR4X will can use? and Vega 20 is around 343 mm^2 in N7, maybe a little bit smaller, (but from when this in an APU?) that from A12 9800 got 8 G. Cores in 28nm and still got it in 14/12nm...
Again why not introduce Navi14 of RX5300M that is smaller and better with same number of 20CU's?

JayN

A recent Intel chip-chat, 3rd-gen-xeon-scalable,  also mentions several new products, including the announcement that Sapphire Rapids was powered up several weeks ago.

That's a third generation 10nm server chip that will be used in their Aurora project.  It includes PCIE5/CXL, DDR5,  new AMX matrix operations for bfloat15 and int8, support for next year's version of Optane.  I don't believe any of these features were shown on the AMD roadmap presented at FAD 2020.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview