News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Sony Xperia 1 II is unusually repairable for a flagship smartphone; offers a taste of what to expect from the Xperia Pro too

Started by Redaktion, June 30, 2020, 18:43:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xperia 1 II has some hidden secrets. The flagship smartphone is rather repairable by today's standards too. There are no flimsy cables to slice through when removing the back panel, for instance. Also, many parts are replaceable, with Sony continuing to use modular charging ports and battery pull tabs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Sony-Xperia-1-II-is-unusually-repairable-for-a-flagship-smartphone-offers-a-taste-of-what-to-expect-from-the-Xperia-Pro-too.478612.0.html

PaulM

It's an awesome well-rounded device. So glad I bought it for £799 including the WH-1000XM3 headphones in the UK.  Great screen, great camera, great front-facing stereo speakers, loads of storage and expandable, fast, clean software, 3.5mm headphone jack, good build quality, light in hand and nice with one-hand, and no stupid notch/hole.

Looking forward to your review!

Mick

Nice, if i break it I can fix it but I have to fine it first.
Bought one off ebay (in stock) tried to get scammed with refund as they had none.
Bought one of BecexTech Australia, (in stock also) and just got email asking if I want the xperia 1 instead for $600 odd less or refund or back order. Still waiting and BecexTech still say they have them.

Are these phones really out there for public purchase and really popular causing them to sell out or have sony only produced a handful of them?

BuuBanya

Sony is on a serious comeback in phones and headphones, the headphone jack is a blessing and Sony Claims that it's indispensable and I highly agree. And the face that both this and their tws are actually ranked highly repairable is great for the future and environment because in the future airpods are just going to explode in scrapyards everywhere. Sony just needs to figure out it's global marketing. I'm glad they aren't giving up on Xperia like they did with Vaio otherwise Vaio would still be here today making killer laptops. I'm for sure getting an Xperia Pro when it hits the online market

Kangal

Quote from: BuuBanya on July 01, 2020, 07:21:47
Sony is on a serious comeback in phones and headphones, the headphone jack is a blessing and Sony Claims that it's indispensable and I highly agree. And the face that both this and their tws are actually ranked highly repairable is great for the future and environment because in the future airpods are just going to explode in scrapyards everywhere. Sony just needs to figure out it's global marketing. I'm glad they aren't giving up on Xperia like they did with Vaio otherwise Vaio would still be here today making killer laptops. I'm for sure getting an Xperia Pro when it hits the online market

Sony is not on a "serious comeback", they've been dwindling year-on-year. So much so that there are often rumours of them closing the Mobile Division like they did with the Vaio Division because it wasn't profitable but was actually costing them money.

The reason you feel this way is because with the 1 ii Pro they added: a Headphone Jack, Cinema Pro App, Photo Pro App, and that business for the competitors have been hammered thanks to Covid19. Plus all competitors have jacked up their prices, so Sony isn't that much overpriced this round.

...but you're wrong about the Headphone Jack. Sony's stance on that is it is NOT important, because they removed it last two years with the XZ2 and X 1. Their official reasoning was "other companies removed it, so we did too". Thank goodness for the backlash.

Their TWS also suck. Overpriced stuff.

For 2020, a good combination is the XM3 Headphones plus the Xperia 1 ii Pro. And no, an iPhone 11 Max and the AirPods 2 are also a great combination (not that I own them). Though a little older, I actually recommend Bose QC3ii Headphones and a rooted ASUS RoG 2.

Anonymous

Quote from: Kangal on July 01, 2020, 10:21:36
Quote from: BuuBanya on July 01, 2020, 07:21:47

Sony is not on a "serious comeback", they've been dwindling year-on-year. So much so that there are often rumours of them closing the Mobile Division like they did with the Vaio Division because it wasn't profitable but was actually costing them money.

The reason you feel this way is because with the 1 ii Pro they added: a Headphone Jack, Cinema Pro App, Photo Pro App, and that business for the competitors have been hammered thanks to Covid19. Plus all competitors have jacked up their prices, so Sony isn't that much overpriced this round.

...but you're wrong about the Headphone Jack. Sony's stance on that is it is NOT important, because they removed it last two years with the XZ2 and X 1. Their official reasoning was "other companies removed it, so we did too". Thank goodness for the backlash.

Their TWS also suck. Overpriced stuff.

For 2020, a good combination is the XM3 Headphones plus the Xperia 1 ii Pro. And no, an iPhone 11 Max and the AirPods 2 are also a great combination (not that I own them). Though a little older, I actually recommend Bose QC3ii Headphones and a rooted ASUS RoG 2.

1. Rumors like their tv division right?Rumored of it being sold/spinned off.
2. They have merge their Xperia into their other division (camera) so it's not going to be closed down.
3. Their price has always been similar to other to brands.
4. Their reasoning was for design. Not that is a good excuse.
5. So Sony listens to their customers? Unlike other brands?
6. Everyone price increased because of 5G modem
7. Their TWS does not suck. Their WF-1000xm3 are cheaper than the air pod pros. So not overpriced.

Nguyen Kim

Dear Xperia:
Sony should keep the function of contacts list in the last version (Z3 ...) as before, where we can make many groups with seperate ring sound, work in the group ... One more thing also need to keep the function wake screen up by user sound or double touch on the screen, and developt the Docs, Sheets, Slides software for more tools to work easier (font, colour, tab ...)
Thank for your attention!
Kim

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview