News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Redmi Note 9 vs Redmi Note 8: Is the Helio G85 really a performance upgrade?

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2020, 17:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Is newer better? The Redmi Note 9 was launched months ago debuting with MediaTek's new Helio G85, but how does it compare to the tried and tested Snapdragon 665 on Xiaomi's last-gen Redmi Note 8? Well, the results are nuanced.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Redmi-Note-9-vs-Redmi-Note-8-Is-the-Helio-G85-really-a-performance-upgrade.477992.0.html

neblogai

I only care about camera performance, as the the CPUs in phones are more than fast for basic tasks. So, I guess, Note8 must be better than Note 9, simply because Snapdragon->GCam.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: neblogai on June 28, 2020, 21:40:37
I only care about camera performance, as the the CPUs in phones are more than fast for basic tasks. So, I guess, Note8 must be better than Note 9, simply because Snapdragon->GCam.

Valid choice. I'd go with the Note 8, myself.

Anees

Redme note9 is better than 8
Ir option
Open Fm
Fast processor
Large 🔋
Large rom
Sound and music quality is appreciable
Beautiful shape

Kenedy

Something you forgot about is that Redmi Note 9 has UFS 2.1 what will make a notable difference in the daily use in comparison to the eMMC 5.1 on the Redmi Note 8.

And of course most of the rest  specifications are better on the Redmi Note 9.

Takker

There is no point making a comparison because Mediatek don't provide software support or upgrades on their SOC so any money spent on a device with a Mediatek processor is wasted money Xiaomi should stick to their deal with Qualcom and drop all Mediatek processors from future production until Mediatek start providing similar support to Qualcom.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview