News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon 875 gaming phones could feature ultra-fast 100W fast charging in Q1 2021: 0-100 percent in 17 minutes?

Started by Redaktion, June 27, 2020, 11:41:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to a tipster, upcoming Snapdragon 875-equipped phones may feature 100W fast charging technology. This would enable gaming phones like the purported Xiaomi Black Shark 4 to top up their batteries in just 17 minutes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-875-gaming-phones-could-feature-ultra-fast-100W-fast-charging-in-Q1-2021-0-100-percent-in-17-minutes.477637.0.html

S.Yu

Yeah, double the size and/or weight of charging bricks, use thicker proprietary cable to handle the current, lose 20% capacity in 100 charges...

John Meier

Quote from: S.Yu on June 27, 2020, 23:24:36
Yeah, double the size and/or weight of charging bricks, use thicker proprietary cable to handle the current, lose 20% capacity in 100 charges...

I agree with the proprietary thing, but not about the battery.

Battery tech have come a long way, and laptops already charge their lithium ion batteries at 45-125W so i don't really see any problem about capacity here

S.Yu

Quote from: John Meier on June 29, 2020, 02:50:00
Quote from: S.Yu on June 27, 2020, 23:24:36

I agree with the proprietary thing, but not about the battery.

Battery tech have come a long way, and laptops already charge their lithium ion batteries at 45-125W so i don't really see any problem about capacity here
Cells. Laptops have 3-6 cell batteries. Phones 2 at most, and only in niche cases. If the current load is divided between multiple cells then of course it's alright. Splitting cells sacrifices capacity.

Joel

Thicker proprietary cable?  Research a little before delving into the FUD.
There's a reason they chose 100W to talk about.  Go to Amazon and search for "100w usb cable".

100W is the maximum of the PD spec, and there are MANY cables that support it.
I would be content with 45W charging.  35 minutes to fully charge from empty is enough for me.

S.Yu

Quote from: Joel on June 29, 2020, 14:47:28
Thicker proprietary cable?  Research a little before delving into the FUD.
There's a reason they chose 100W to talk about.  Go to Amazon and search for "100w usb cable".

100W is the maximum of the PD spec, and there are MANY cables that support it.
I would be content with 45W charging.  35 minutes to fully charge from empty is enough for me.
I strongly doubt if it's PD, if 100W PD didn't come with some sort of oversized power management chip then phones would have it already.
"Many" cables granted but still the standard C to C only supports 60W, and whatever cable you already have is likely not to work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview